Super sun coral

tuajia

• SRC Member

Hi all, pardon my ignorance, but sometimes I see reefers talking about "super sun" corals. I know what sun corals are, but I'm not sure what super sun is. What is the difference? I have some sun corals... I assume they are the normal kind and not "super"? Lol. Hope some expert can enlighten me. Thanks

62d0aa5124a08946bf19aaf8bdcd53ac.jpg

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
  • SRC Member
Where you got it from? I'm looking for one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi there, I got it from a fellow reefer, so I don't know which lfs he got it from

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

• 1 year later...
  • SRC Member

Hi tuajia and all experienced reefers, 

1. how do u make the sun coral open all the time and also

2. what do u feed them to make them look so "chubby" ?

I just bought a sun coral but it is not opening it out... been taking it out to target feed with defrost brine shrimp cubes... quite a tedious process... got to literally coax them to eat by hanging on brine shrimps at the mouth until they suck it in... but no success to see them open up with tentacles showing...

i goggled n view YouTube videos on suncoral feeding... I fail to do the covering suncoral with half a mineral water bottle n turkey blast into it... so went on to try taking suncoral out to feed daily...

thanks in advance!

• Like 1

• SRC Member

Hi bro, I'm ashamed to say that I didn't manage to keep my suns that healthy for long. The normal suns eventually disintegrated no matter what I did. The Super suns are faring much better, but not as fat as before. I keep dosing plankton and also target feed with mysis every few days, but don't see much growth and not all polyps stay open. I suspect they really need A LOT of food and good water parameters to be really healthy.

• SRC Member

Forgot to mention that I also target feed Reef Roids so that the very tiny polyps have a chance to eat... Mysis too big for them and plankton just washes away, cannot tell if they ate it. Just keep feeding and hope for the best.

• SRC Member
On Thursday, January 26, 2017 at 3:08 PM, tuajia said:

Forgot to mention that I also target feed Reef Roids so that the very tiny polyps have a chance to eat... Mysis too big for them and plankton just washes away, cannot tell if they ate it. Just keep feeding and hope for the best.

Tks bro... will google on reef roids! Happy CNY! Huat ah!