D.G's 6ft Reef Tank

D.G

Thanks for your advice.. While searching the net I did come across this dosage plan for kick starting the ZEOvit system..

Yes I agree with halving the recommended dosage of ZEOstart too but during the initial cycling period should I stick with the full dosage? 

I went to DE Aquatic and the staff there advised me on halving the recommended dosage for ZEObak, ZEOstart and Spongepower after the 14 days cycle..

Thanks for your help..

My experience with zeostart3 is after a while of recommended dosage cyano will appear. By dosing cyanoclean combine with A balance and one more cant remember what will help clear clear but it will just keep coming back. I have since reduce my Zeostart from 5 to 1.5-2ml and I didn't have cyano issue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bro, my 622 is around 900 litre. best is u count your sump compartment individually to get a more accurate volume.

Oh I see.. Thanks bro for clarifying.. I found it really difficult to calculate the volume and must have compensated too much with the substrates and equipments.. 

Thanks again..

My experience with zeostart3 is after a while of recommended dosage cyano will appear. By dosing cyanoclean combine with A balance and one more cant remember what will help clear clear but it will just keep coming back. I have since reduce my Zeostart from 5 to 1.5-2ml and I didn't have cyano issue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh thats a good tip.. I'll have to remember to watch out for this when I cycle my tank and even after that.. Cyano is really a nuisance and a trouble to get rid of.. 

Thanks for this good advice..

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone sorry for the long posting break.. been really busy the past weeks.. the tank has already been cycled and some livestocks are in.. I'll just update everyone on the progress of the tank during the last few weeks..

My rock scape is somewhat unorthodox.. Its built using a combination of dried rocks, dried tonga branch rocks, dried corals and artificial coral rock. 

They are all held together using cable ties, super glue and epoxy.

IMG_3617.thumb.jpg.e62f6859eaa8fbe0432ed

IMG_3620.thumb.jpg.538fd5194c1fe8ef9eb86IMG_3621.thumb.jpg.b6c322b8154adb0cb3b63

Feel free to share your views and comment on the rock scape..

• Like 1

This is how the rock scape looks like in the completed tank.. The scape is 4ft long by 1ft wide by 1.5ft high..

The purpose of this scape design is to allow efficient water flow throughout the tank, provide lots of swimming space for the fishes and to have a minimalistic look..

Hopefully I've been able to achieve that..

IMG_3828.thumb.jpg.fea39a56f779b7704c489IMG_3826.thumb.jpg.ca7ec2e62b9036d1289faIMG_3834.thumb.jpg.29d70ba4c4aa358274565

A picture of all my equipment.. 

IMG_3776.thumb.jpg.e799d27cada04d4bcbb8b

I placed my skimmer, ZEOlite reactor and carbon reactors together.. Any comments on the placement?

My ZEOlite reactor has also been splashing water so I extended the outlet pipe with another short pipe.. There is still a large amount of bubbles coming out, not sure if its right?

IMG_3788.thumb.jpg.bfa73ab1b4e70991e2ff4

Full tank picture with all cabinets opened.. The wires are still in a mess.. The carpenter will be coming over to put some shelvings for the wires.. 

IMG_3899.thumb.jpg.da1ece1aeabad43f00a1e

Today is Day 20 since my tank started with the ZEOvit 14 day cycle.. All water parameters are in check and all the livestocks are doing well..

My first fish.. The Midas Blenny.. Really nice fish..

IMG_3901.thumb.jpg.632299eff1f11ccd5a376

Mine is a mixed reef tank.. So will try to add softies and LPS first.. 

Really interested in keeping SPS but haven't done it before.. Hahaha.. Kinda intimidated by the requirements and difficulty..

IMG_3887.thumb.jpg.c92ca89aa8b9e589847b6

IMG_3870.thumb.jpg.e4f072cc11ab30f25c5c8IMG_3869.thumb.jpg.14ddeb06fdec7e7a16ddd

Edited by D.G

Your door and canopy and all shut with no vents?? Any foreseeable issue to dissipate the heat out ??

Sent from my potato using Tapatalk

Yeah I've discussed this issue with the tank maker and the ID.. the tank maker is very confident that there will not be any issue.. the water is maintained at 25-26 degrees by the compressor chiller and the LED lights are relatively cool.. The canopy cover will be opened at least twice a day for feeding and that should allow any heat to escape.. Thanks for your concern..

Sweet!! How long did you spend on this? a day at least?

Thanks.. Hahaha more than a day of course.. 2 days.. The planning took more time than putting the scape together.. A lot of time is spent waiting for the glue and epoxy to dry..

• SRC Member

This is how the rock scape looks like in the completed tank.. The scape is 4ft long by 1ft wide by 1.5ft high..

The purpose of this scape design is to allow efficient water flow throughout the tank, provide lots of swimming space for the fishes and to have a minimalistic look..

Hopefully I've been able to achieve that..

IMG_3828.thumb.jpg.fea39a56f779b7704c489IMG_3826.thumb.jpg.ca7ec2e62b9036d1289faIMG_3834.thumb.jpg.29d70ba4c4aa358274565

Nice scaping, look like a flying dragon. ^_^

• 2 months later...

Nice setup! If your lights are producing too much heat, your chiller might need to work extra.

Tank: 3.5ft x 2ft x 1.5ft, 12mm

Sump: 3ft

Skimmer: Bubble Magus Curve 7

Lightings: Maxspect 15000k

Return Pump: Eheim 1252

Wavemaker: Jebao WP25, Jebao RW-8

• 1 year later...

Wow almost a year wait.

Nice

6.5 * 2 * 2 + 3.75 * 1.5 *1.5,(Decomn on 14/9/08)
4*2*2 + 2.5*1.25*1.25 (Decomn on 1/8/09)
5*2*2 (Fully LED light system, 140 3 watt SSC leds with 60 degree lens)(Decomm)
2.5*2*2(Fully LED Light System,96 3 watt SSC leds with 60 degree lens)(Decomm)

5*2.5*2(LED only)

Eheim return 1 * pump

1 HP Daikin compressor with cooling coil
2 Jebao OW40, 1 ecotech MP40,
1X6085 Tunze wm,

1 CURVE 7 Skimmer

1 DIY 80 led control by Bluefish mini 

1 radion XR30W G2, 2 Radion XR15G3

Sump area lite by 5 ft T5 , 6 * SSC 3 watt red LED for refugium

1 Full spectrum E27 led light

1 CR control by bubble count

Start No Water Change since 1st Dec 2016

Add new 2.5x2x 1.5 ft 

nLekOfpYts.jpg
[/quote]

17 hours ago, Mike Stone said:

Very nice set up, pleasant to see the yellow tang and purple tang don't fight.

Can you share who made the tank for you ?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Thanks Mike.

The yellow and purple tangs did fight when they were first introduced in the tank. Thankfully it subsided after about a week, though they still occasionally chase each other but no harm done.

The tank was made by Aquarium Artist about 2 yrs back and the tank cabinets were done up by my Interior Designer.