Problem of water

Add those liquid in a bottle nitrifying bacteria to cycle ur tank.

Display Tank : 36" x 20" x 20" Herbie overflow box design, Sump : 36" x 21" x 17", Frag Tank : 16” x 20” x 16”, custom built by Tank Culture.

Lightings : Ecotech  Radion XR15 Pro x 2 for Main Display Tank, Inled R80 x 1 for Frag Tank.

Chiller : Dalkin 1hp compressor with build-in drop coil.

Skimmer : Skimz Octa SC205i Protein Skimmer.

FR : H2Ocean FMR75 Fluidised Media Reactor with Hailea HX-2500 (Feeder Pump) running Rowaphos.

CR : Skimz Monzter E Series CM122 Calcium Reactor.

BPR: Marine Source Biopellet  Reactor with Continuum Reef Biopellet Fuel. 

Main Return Pump : SICCE Syncra ADV 9.0 & Jebao ACQ-10000 Water Pump.

Wavemaker : Jebao MOW-9 x2 for Main Display Tank & Jebao SLW-20M  Sine Wave Pump for  Frag Tank.

Water Top Up: AutoAqua Smart ATO Lite.

• SRC Member

Yeah you need to cycle your tank where the bacteria population, once stablized, will break down the ammonia to nitrite, then another type of bacteria breaks down nitrite to nitrate, finally another type does the nitrate to nitrogen conversion, although this is not so common. Most times nitrates is when we export it from our tanks.

• SRC Member
Yeah you need to cycle your tank where the bacteria population, once stablized, will break down the ammonia to nitrite, then another type of bacteria breaks down nitrite to nitrate, finally another type does the nitrate to nitrogen conversion, although this is not so common. Most times nitrates is when we export it from our tanks.

Well in what way to stabilize faster?

• SRC Member
Did u cycle ur tank? Cycling is to build up the bacteria so they can break down ammonia and nitrite.. if u still having ammonia and nirite trace mean its not fully cycle yet.. dose bacteria to speed up cycling process..

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Well before that I been cycle a week and check the parameter all is normal . Bt aft that I was putting those live rock and those anmonia , nitre and nitrate gone up abit.

• SRC Member

Well before that I been cycle a week and check the parameter all is normal . Bt aft that I was putting those live rock and those anmonia , nitre and nitrate gone up abit.

Cycling with the live rock should be the way, not without. ;)

• SRC Member

No choice lah, this is nature... Even all the technology in the world cannot make a woman produce baby within one month. Patience is key. Overdosing fancy products may not necessarily make things faster

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• SRC Supporter

The live rock you just added may have some decaying matter. Hence this explains why there could be some Ammonia & Nitrite in the system.

If your tank has been well cycled, it should be able to convert these ammonia/nitrites very quickly. If not, continue to cycle the tank.

How long have you been cycling your tank previously? Did you have any biological media or rocks in the system previously? Are you dosing any bacteria product to boost the beneficial bacteria population?

• Like 1

Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/mysliceofnature/

• SRC Member
The live rock you just added may have some decaying matter. Hence this explains why there could be some Ammonia & Nitrite in the system.

If your tank has been well cycled, it should be able to convert these ammonia/nitrites very quickly. If not, continue to cycle the tank.

How long have you been cycling your tank previously? Did you have any biological media or rocks in the system previously? Are you dosing any bacteria product to boost the beneficial bacteria population?

So far I been cycling almost a week plus. And I m using live sand never put any product to dosing any bacteria.

• SRC Supporter

So far I been cycling almost a week plus. And I m using live sand never put any product to dosing any bacteria.

It makes sense now. Live sand alone has a small beneficial bacteria population. It helps speed up cycling a little but 1 week is still considered very short. A typical time is 2-4 weeks (with rocks in the tank).  The system probably didn't have enough beneficial bacteria capacity (related to surface area) to handle the decaying matter from the live rocks.

To improve robustness of the system, add more live rocks or other kinds of biological media (eg. Biohome, Siporax, Marine pure).

Also suggest using a good bacteria product to boost population (eg. Microbacter7 is just one example of a popular brand)

• SRC Member
It makes sense now. Live sand alone has a small beneficial bacteria population. It helps speed up cycling a little but 1 week is still considered very short. A typical time is 2-4 weeks (with rocks in the tank).  The system probably didn't have enough beneficial bacteria capacity (related to surface area) to handle the decaying matter from the live rocks.

To improve robustness of the system, add more live rocks or other kinds of biological media (eg. Biohome, Siporax, Marine pure).

Also suggest using a good bacteria product to boost population (eg. Microbacter7 is just one example of a popular brand)

I vy new so where can I bought it?

• SRC Supporter

These are available at most LFS. Refer to store directory (@ Pasir Ris, Fresh n Marine, etc)

Personally, Madpetz (@Gambas Ave) has a very wide selection if you are in the area.

• 4 weeks later...