LFS which quarantine fish

Hi fellow hobbyist,

May I know which LFS will properly quarantine their fish b4 selling?

Quarantine as in provide treatment for the common diseases and ensure they eat well.

I only buy from bac so far. His fish is healthy but not much angels. I am planning to have angels and tangs in my new tank. Prefer to start with pest free fish.

If not convenient to post here, feel free to pm me.

• SRC Member

Imho, buy reefer long kept fish is the most safest but still subjected to luck when introduced into ur tank..QT fishes oso the same as disease can come after a few months to years, so how long to QT in order to b safe..to me, important is get active n healthy looking fish, better if feed on pellets..keep it stress free n enjoy admiring..pray n good luck :)

@ 291213

Updated video: Kenyee FOWLR

http://m.youtube.com/my_videos

• SRC Member

Never heard of LFS quarantine fish before. Recently bought some fancy clowns. Was told they are fine for a week. Dropped to tank next two days got infected and died. Other clowns in tanks n fishes also wiped out soon after. Lessons learnt is to quarantine own self and not trust lfs. Not saying that they are bad but each party has different objective.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Been buying fish so many years, only know ah bac does that.

the rest no. It's only a difference of handling of the livestock. 

And no, the one u talking in bukit merah which I've been visiting since balestier days, does not quarantine fishes.

putting them in isolation boxes or display tank and trying to feed is not quarantine.

• SRC Supporter

Some of the establish lfs started to QT their fishes but having do so also increase the cost .

I am not trying to help any lfs but it's true that the longer the lfs have to hold the fish for sales during the QT period the lesser the chance of them to sell of the fish faster and higher chances of fish die during the holding period which result in higher cost of their fish shipment.

Having a dedicated section to QT the fish also mean extra space needed , daily fish foods for the fishes as well. Therefore it is still advisable to QT our new fish from the shop .

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

Iwarna systems mostly coppered. Prevents ich or velvet outbreaks. We can quarantine for buyer up to 2 weeks but payment must be made beforehand and we cannot be held responsible if fish die during QT (same like how hospitals cannot guarantee all patients survive). To QT beyond 2 weeks there are additional charges as we have limited holding capacity. Just check out most of the Achilles tangs Iwarna has in stock now, no white spot and eating pellet already. Most QT fish priced a little higher for obvious reasons, besides paying for the fish you are also buying insurance against diseases that can potentially wipe out all your livestock.

Edited by FuEl
  • Like 3

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

• SRC Member

Iwarna systems mostly coppered. Prevents ich or velvet outbreaks. We can quarantine for buyer up to 2 weeks but payment must be made beforehand and we cannot be held responsible if fish die during QT (same like how hospitals cannot guarantee all patients survive). To QT beyond 2 weeks there are additional charges as we have limited holding capacity. Just check out most of the Achilles tangs Iwarna has in stock now, no white spot and eating pellet already. Most QT fish priced a little higher for obvious reasons, besides paying for the fish you are also buying insurance against diseases that can potentially wipe out all your livestock.

Thanks for this service

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 7 February 2016 at 0:58 AM, xeneryx said:

Been buying fish so many years, only know ah bac does that.

the rest no. It's only a difference of handling of the livestock. 

And no, the one u talking in bukit merah which I've been visiting since balestier days, does not quarantine fishes.

putting them in isolation boxes or display tank and trying to feed is not quarantine.

Anyone know where Ah Bac has moved to or has his contact? He is no longer at 160/1 neo tiew road.

• 2 months later...