Skimz Recirculating Bio reactor RR93

reef tan

Anyone used this equipment??? I tried two time..with and without sponge in reactor but white sticky stuff blocking the flow that trumble pellets....

I think you will use the sponge if u are running rowaphos for the reactor. Probably you added too much bio pellets? happened to me once...

Display Tank : 66" x 36" x 24"
Lights: 3 X Radion XR30W PRO Gen3, 
            2 X Radion XR30W Gen1
Wave Maker : 2 X MP40, 1 X RW20, 1 X RW15
Return Pump : 2x DCT12000

Frag Tank : 24" x 24" x 16"
Lights : 1 X Radion XR30W Gen1
Wave Maker : 1 X RW8
Return Pump : 2 X DCS5000

Sump : 72" x 24" x 16"
Chiller : Hailea 1HP
Skimmer : Skimz SM201.
Dosing Pump : Bubble Magus 11 Channels
Calcium Reactors : Schuran Jetstream 1

• SRC Member

I run my RR153 without sponges with 2 litres of biopellets (not AIO)... Every week, I flush the system by shutting down the system, then take out the top plate to wash... This is due to the deposits (white sticky film) forming above the top plate... The outflow tube might also get choked... So I blow the tube to get the deposits out...

I also realise that when the tubing gets choked, the outflow stream reduced dramatically... But once I blow out the deposits, it works brand new...

Although a bit demanding at times, but I'll have to say that it serves its purpose well... It's linked to my FOWLR, so I only bother about nitrates... And nitrates are really undetectable...

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • SRC Member

When you are experiencing difficulty in removing the pump due to new O-ring, you may need a long nose plier or something that can help turn and release the pump

20160522_200345.jpg