Another attempt on Nano Reef

Boonboy

• SRC Member

Sorry for your losses. I always thought that you were running a nice nano tank. It’s interesting to read that LEDs directly contributed to your SPS dying because they weren’t strong enough. Could you share your light settings?

• SRC Member

I had an AI prime HD and an Aquazonic 2 x 24W T5 with ATI purple & blue plus. While doing some maintenance, one end of the T5 fell into the tank. Subsequently, it trip the power when I try to power on.

I had to remove the T5 and rely solely on the AI Prime HD. Btw my nano is only 40 cm deep.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• SRC Member

Double whammy!

Few days ago, I discovered the solenoid was stuck in the on mode. I had no idea how many days the calcium reactor was running continuously.

Fishes seems okay but one of the crocea clam did not open up. I fear more casualties soon.

• SRC Member

These are the perils of running a nano. Any mistakes or oversight leads to drastic circumstances. It happens fast and furious.

I must admit the days of nano for me is coming to an end. Especially when the blue tang has outgrown this nano (from 1 inch to 3/4 inch)

Having said so, I have had a great sense of satisfaction when the tank was doing well.

• SRC Member

Spartan pride and 2 other frags that I cannot remember the name.

Today I decommissioned the tank. While clearing it I accidentally dropped the display tank (too heavy).

c08d88c02f0ecb24bd45598b4b5f46ac.jpg

Guess this will be the last post.

Thanks for reading.