Refractor meter question

argonmt

• SRC Member

I have an reflectometer which I find it very hard to use because I need to peep into the small hole and try to locate the number. Some how the target is usually 1.025 and its 3 decimal places.

Is it me only or other also facing this issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...
  • SRC Member

Hi argonmt,

I was just browsing through the threads and saw yours. Sorry for late reply. Hope someone had pm you.

When I first got the refractometer I also did find it a little hard to read it; however I did eventually get used to it.

One thing I do feel is that it's harder to read with glasses on. Again, may it's a matter of getting used to. Hopefully by now you have gotten used to it.

The cut off line will be quite clear if the glass is facing a light source. Try adjusting your angle towards the light as certain angle can see clearer.

Tank: 3.5ft x 2ft x 1.5ft, 12mm

Sump: 3ft

Skimmer: Bubble Magus Curve 7

Lightings: Maxspect 15000k

Return Pump: Eheim 1252

Wavemaker: Jebao WP25, Jebao RW-8

Make the light come from in front of the refractometer, not from above. You can use a table light or tilt your head 45 degrees if you are looking at the sky by your window or light. Just keep tilting to find the right angle, I found it easiest to read when light shines into your eyes through the refractometer horizontally.

• 4 months later...