Aquarium lighting recommendation

• SRC Member
51 minutes ago, Harlequinmania said:

The T5 lighting is the cheapest, if got a bit more budget can consider using led and the shimmering effects will be nicer on a tank.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

What's a good LED light for 3ft tank?  Estimate cost?

• SRC Member

I'm using a Kessil A360 for my 2 ft tank. If you like shimmer, the shimmer from Kessil lights are absolutely beautiful with no color separation. It's about $400-450 I think.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

If you are willing to spend abit more, can get the Maxspect razor. around 600+ and you can set the lights to come on and off slowly to simulate day and night time. You can also set the % of blue or white to your liking. Never regretted getting it. Have used the lights since July 2013 and change it to blue LED pads for my current tank. 

Just sharing :)

http://www.aquaticquotient.com/forum/showthread.php/103760-My-3ft-Planted-Tank/page2

Tank: 3.5ft x 2ft x 1.5ft, 12mm

Sump: 3ft

Skimmer: Bubble Magus Curve 7

Lightings: Maxspect 15000k

Return Pump: Eheim 1252

Wavemaker: Jebao WP25, Jebao RW-8

• SRC Member

hi gunzal,

I agree with all the past posts. while LED lights definitely can give you various effects and lighting colors, I would say you probably don't have to worry too much because you're not going to keep any corals. So just go with what your budget allows.

• 4 months later...