Shun's newly revamped 1100L Triton outdoor tank

Shun

Hello :)

I am in this hobby for more than 3 years, but I am new to the forum.

I have 8 X 2 X 2.5 feet 1100L outdoor tank built by Iwarna.

I have revamped my tank on 8 July 2016 and just finished initial cycling.

I started to put some fishes and SPSs so I thought it is a good time to start logging my activities and progress of my tank.

Hope this will be informative for those interested in Triton method.

so, here we go.

• Like 3

So, this is what I did first.

We did total cleaning of tank, and restarted on 8 July 2016

My previous setup was doing well for 3 years. However, I neglected to check my old RODI filter and got PO4 built up in my live rocks. At the time I realized it was a PO4 issue, things were little too late to fix. So I decided to start all over again.

Now, with my new setup, I use all Aquaroche Ceramic Rocks to minimize unwanted pests in the system.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

It's a super good choice of rocks! I love that and make placement of coral easy. I can see that fishes will have a fun time in that rockscape!

Sent from Singapore Reef Club mobile app

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Lighting: AI hydra 52HD

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455

Reactor: Minimax; rowaphos

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Wave Maker: MP 40 WQD

Return pump: Eheim 1262

Chiller: Arctica 1/10 hp

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10

Nice looking scape. I'm using aquaroche as well.

• Like 1

Display Tank : 36" x 20" x 20" Herbie overflow box design, Sump : 36" x 21" x 17", Frag Tank : 16” x 20” x 16”, custom built by Tank Culture.

Lightings : Ecotech  Radion XR15 Pro x 2 for Main Display Tank, Inled R80 x 1 for Frag Tank.

Chiller : Dalkin 1hp compressor with build-in drop coil.

Skimmer : Skimz Octa SC205i Protein Skimmer.

FR : H2Ocean FMR75 Fluidised Media Reactor with Hailea HX-2500 (Feeder Pump) running Rowaphos.

CR : Skimz Monzter E Series CM122 Calcium Reactor.

BPR: Marine Source Biopellet  Reactor with Continuum Reef Biopellet Fuel. 

Main Return Pump : SICCE Syncra ADV 9.0 & Jebao ACQ-10000 Water Pump.

Wavemaker : Jebao MOW-9 x2 for Main Display Tank & Jebao SLW-20M  Sine Wave Pump for  Frag Tank.

Water Top Up: AutoAqua Smart ATO Lite.

My equipment setups are:

2x 3ft Vertex illumina

Vertex skimmer

Daikin (Aircon Condencer) modified as fish tank chiller with thermostat set in the range of 25℃ to 26℃ 

I feel many of Australian and Fiji SPSs do better in slightly lower temperature like 24℃ to 25℃ range, but being outdoor tank, if I set lower range at 24℃, the glass fog on the hot days, so I set my temperature range as such.

Vertex dosing pump and canisters for Triton 3 elements (which I will activate once my Kh is down to 7.8ppm)

6x Rossmont wave makers (2 of them are hooked up on Rossmont wave controller)

I use vertex reactor time to time if and when I need to run carbon or PO4 media (AL99 from Triton)

This time round, I did not fill the sand to the tank to avoid PO4 build up.

I also installed algae scrubber to capture any nuicense algae. Will see how it performs.

I have cycled this tank for 8 weeks by adding small piece of frozen tiger prawn in the main tank to feed the bacteria (Nitronex)

Checked my Ammonia reading to be Zero and Increase in No3 to conclude the completion of initial cycling.

Currently, I have very little macro algae in my refusium for my PO4 is at 0.027ppm (mostly introduced by mysis shrimp which I'm using to feed my new 8 fishes in the tank)

Will see how it goes :)

image.jpeg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

First fish in the tank!! :)

With suggestion from guys at Iwarna, I have added 8 Ventrails Anthias (2 males and 6 females) in my tank.

According to them, these deep sea fishes are very shy, and it is very difficult to introduce to the tank if other fishes are already in the system. Since my tank is still new and empty, they suggested to try on these exotic fishes.

When I saw them at their farm in Pasir Ris, they were eating fine in small keptivity.

So, when I introduced them to my tank, they suggested me to give Arctic Cyclops first. Once they start eating, then slowly mix Mysis Shrimp.

After 2 weeks, 7 of 8 (2 males and 5 females) survived and they are all eating well now :)

image.jpg

image.jpeg

image.png

Edited by Shun
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Shun said:

New addition to the tankhood.

Gem Tang.

He is small, but eating like a monster since day one..

Now all the Ventrails Anthias are not so shy anymore. Swimming along with new tang :) 

image.jpeg

IMG_6311.MOV

Dream fish!!

Display Tank : 36" x 20" x 20" Herbie overflow box design, Sump : 36" x 21" x 17", Frag Tank : 16” x 20” x 16”, custom built by Tank Culture.

Lightings : Ecotech  Radion XR15 Pro x 2 for Main Display Tank, Inled R80 x 1 for Frag Tank.

Chiller : Dalkin 1hp compressor with build-in drop coil.

Skimmer : Skimz Octa SC205i Protein Skimmer.

FR : H2Ocean FMR75 Fluidised Media Reactor with Hailea HX-2500 (Feeder Pump) running Rowaphos.

CR : Skimz Monzter E Series CM122 Calcium Reactor.

BPR: Marine Source Biopellet  Reactor with Continuum Reef Biopellet Fuel. 

Main Return Pump : SICCE Syncra ADV 9.0 & Jebao ACQ-10000 Water Pump.

Wavemaker : Jebao MOW-9 x2 for Main Display Tank & Jebao SLW-20M  Sine Wave Pump for  Frag Tank.

Water Top Up: AutoAqua Smart ATO Lite.