Shun's newly revamped 1100L Triton outdoor tank

Shun

• SRC Member
On 20/09/2016 at 8:37 AM, Shun said:

According to the Triton test result, I have high Barium in the water which is not ideal for the system. So I use AL99 to observe it to reduce the value. However, my Po4 is low as well, so I need to feed more to cope with reactor now.

Will see if it works out.
cca91ccc429c5fd9055b3e068f3302c4.jpgc4b0e8ca75ae07439c09a59bc2b80ebb.jpgf3fb5084e6f0f132ee886d4263436d67.jpg

Sent from Singapore Reef Club mobile app

Phosphate is low that why you use AL99 Po4 remover to remove barium. 

But if you use AL99 PO4 remover won't it reduce the phosphate even lower than you need to have more heavy feeding.

After which again the you shoot up the PO4. Is it necessary to remove barium? As Barium is part of metal element maybe there other factor to the increase.

Sorry just want to know better.

• SRC Member
On 21/09/2016 at 4:27 PM, Shun said:

Yes. You are right.
So while I'm using AL99 to observe barium, I'm feeding more food to fishes to encourage PO4 also. Now I monitor PO4 and No3 every morning before feeding.

If I do one thing, others may go wrong, so trying to balance things out here.

If you are also Triton user, you may know using DETOX may be an option too. But now I have precious Ventrails Anthias in the tank, so I don't want to risk it....

When you had this issue, how did you manage?

Owner: having such a advance system it should had make things easier for you. instead it get you even more paranoid. I couldn't imagine i had to monitor this and that before feeding it just too tedious.

Just my opinion.

I wouldn't say it's paranoid. As with any kind of system, it takes time for the system to stable down. IMO this is also a important period to ensure things are properly done, measured and corrected. It's like building a good foundation for the system to last for a Long Long time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Owner: having such a advance system it should had make things easier for you. instead it get you even more paranoid. I couldn't imagine i had to monitor this and that before feeding it just too tedious.

Just my opinion.

Then you should really re-consider this hobby. The pain and disappointment of things dying will be more heart pain then monitoring task that needs to be done

Humble tank :

Size: 4x2.5x2 ft - Display 

Equipment :

Return 1 : Ecotech marine L1

Return 2 : Ecotech marine M1

CR : Skimz CM122 - Caribsea extra course media with Grotech magnesium

Light : ATI 8x54W

• SRC Member
On 13/10/2016 at 10:04 AM, patricklhc said:

I wouldn't say it's paranoid. As with any kind of system, it takes time for the system to stable down. IMO this is also a important period to ensure things are properly done, measured and corrected. It's like building a good foundation for the system to last for a Long Long time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cause I read up a few system. This system seems to be the most complicated system ever build. Hee.

Hopefully after the daily dosing and monitor everything is back in place.

On 13/10/2016 at 3:13 PM, chercm said:

Then you should really re-consider this hobby. The pain and disappointment of things dying will be more heart pain then monitoring task that needs to be done

Sure thanks for your kind feedback. Will seriously consider. 

I bet you had gone thru a lot of heart pain incident, stay strong OK?

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...