Jo's Little Reef

josephwzr

• SRC Member

Haha don't worry, ich won't affect the corals. Also have polyp lab medic on hand, plus the blue tang will be the first fish in that tank, no stress for it haha

Agree with Mike. Blue tang almost always gets ich. And if I see a coral frag I'm abt to buy in a ich infected tank I will refuse. The coral is unaffected but when I put the coral in my tank, even with dipping there is a high risk ich will transfer into my tank.

• 4 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

Thanks for the concern guys, as of now I have not decided what fishes I'll get, will see if anything catches my attention when I go fish shopping :D

Just came back from a 2 week trip to Japan. Of course there are a few casualties, thankfully not many.

In fact all the casualties are Acroporas. Are they more sensitive as compared to other SPS?

• SRC Member

First look of the skimmer, thought t was huge and afraid it couldn't fit into my sump :(
77e17bc6963fe28dd0dff536bd914907.jpg
Setting up was rather easy, instructions were clear and straight forward676df9716ffcf9c4939df85cab452f9b.jpg
Loving the bubbles produced! Can't wait to see what this beast can skim out in the coming weeks. :)

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • SRC Member

Been almost two years since I’ve updated my thread, it’s time to get back. Upgraded my tank to a 100x60x60 tank made by CRA last year, so calling it my little reef may no longer be applicable
IMG_9217.JPG
As a firm believer of quality products, I decided to get equipments of a reputable brand as I wouldn’t need to worry about them breaking down. Glad I made that choice even when I was keeping my 2FT cube, as most of my equipments are brought over. Only thing new were the radions as I needed more light!

As my tank is used as a partition, I decided to ditch my Vortech wavemakers as it protrudes out too much... Went for Maxspect Gyre 230 instead due to its sleek design.

Sent from Singapore Reef Club mobile app

• SRC Member

This was my tank when it was first set-up. Scaped with dry rocks and Caribsea livesand
IMG_9450.JPG
Hated the scape as it just doesn’t feel right... and there were little areas where I could actually glue my SPS(in the future. Thus, went ahead and changed all my rocks to DE Rocks.
6176684368_IMG_0229.JPG
Unfortunately, the AT in this picture has passed on, this photo was taken many months ago. Haven’t got the time to whip out my DSLR and take a proper photo with my new AT which I got from LCK. It has been doing well for the past 2 months, and hopefully stays well.

Sent from Singapore Reef Club mobile app

Tank Size: 4 ft x 2 ft x 2 ft

Sump: 2.5ft x 1.5ft x 1.5ft

Return Pump: Skimz QuietPro 9.0 DC Pump

Chiller: Hailea HS-66A

Skimmer: Bubble Magus Curve 7

Wavemakers: 2 X Maxspect XF230 GYRE PUMP

Lighting: Maxspect R5-300W

Substrate: Caribsea Arag-Alive! Fiji Pink