Nooblenny Noobie Reef

Nooblenny

• SRC Member

DSC08040.jpg

Hi everyone, wanna share my first ever sw tank. Coming from freshwater planted tank, I'm using existing fw tank without sump. It has been running for about 4 months now. 
Using Aquaforest system because I like its complete range and I'm a sucker for beautiful packaging. :P

Planning to upgrade to a bigger proper tank with sump next year. For now using this as a simple learning tank.

Tank: 60x30x36 tank
Light: AI Prime HD
Wavemaker: Jebao RW-4
Protein Skimmer: Tunze 9001
Filter: Eheim 2211 with lily pipes for AF Phosphate Minus & AF Carbon also to drive chiller
Chiller: AL-60, temp 26.5c - 27.5c (without chiller temp 31c)

20161008_084558.jpg

DSC08043.jpg

The tank has no fish at the moment cause the first batch of fish died due to my stupid mistake of not turning skimmer & wavemaker back on after a late night cleaning. All fish died the next day due to lack of oxygen. The current batch of fish is undergoing QT and will be ready for the DT in 2 wk time. 

DSC08034.jpg

• Like 1

Very colourfish tank indeed :) good job there!

Is the AL 60 good enough to chill the tank?

Sent from Singapore Reef Club mobile app

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Lighting: AI hydra 52HD

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455

Reactor: Minimax; rowaphos

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Wave Maker: MP 40 WQD

Return pump: Eheim 1262

Chiller: Arctica 1/10 hp

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10

• SRC Member
34 minutes ago, hammy said:

Very colourfish tank indeed :) good job there!

Is the AL 60 good enough to chill the tank?

Thanks hammy. :)

Yeah, not bad. The tank volume is 17g, tank temp is about 30-31c. The chiller still can bring down to 26.5c without too much effort.

• SRC Member
55 minutes ago, Darren Sim said:

Really nice and amazing tank you have ! emoji106.pnglooking forward to more updates! Can you share with us the parameters?

Thanks bro. But uhm...I never test really my water...at least not yet...:look:

I'm using tap water and do 20% water change weekly. I usually monitor it based on my probiotic salt. If it has bacteria bloom after water change, means high nutrient and the skimmer will pull out a lot. But if no more blooming after water change & acros are showing full PE, means water is ok & stable. I supposed the Pro Bio F & Phosphate Minus is working well? As for ca, kh & mg, I think since my SPS are not much, maybe the weekly water change is enough to support them.

Planning to get Nyos kits, are they good?

Edited by Nooblenny

• SRC Member
27 minutes ago, patricklhc said:

Ahh!! I saw your tank pic before I see your tank thread lol very nice and colourful tank emoji106.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha, thanks. but where did you see them? I dont remember posting the tank pics in other place :huh:

Edited by Nooblenny

1 hour ago, Nooblenny said:

Haha, thanks. but where did you see them? I dont remember posting the tank pics in other place :huh:

I think bro Patricklhc meant by he scrolled down to look at ur pics before read up on what's written on ur thread. Very nice tank indeed. Hope my frags are doing well in ur tank.

Display Tank : 36" x 20" x 20" Herbie overflow box design, Sump : 36" x 21" x 17", Frag Tank : 16” x 20” x 16”, custom built by Tank Culture.

Lightings : Ecotech  Radion XR15 Pro x 2 for Main Display Tank, Inled R80 x 1 for Frag Tank.

Chiller : Dalkin 1hp compressor with build-in drop coil.

Skimmer : Skimz Octa SC205i Protein Skimmer.

FR : H2Ocean FMR75 Fluidised Media Reactor with Hailea HX-2500 (Feeder Pump) running Rowaphos.

CR : Skimz Monzter E Series CM122 Calcium Reactor.

BPR: Marine Source Biopellet  Reactor with Continuum Reef Biopellet Fuel. 

Main Return Pump : SICCE Syncra ADV 9.0 & Jebao ACQ-10000 Water Pump.

Wavemaker : Jebao MOW-9 x2 for Main Display Tank & Jebao SLW-20M  Sine Wave Pump for  Frag Tank.

Water Top Up: AutoAqua Smart ATO Lite.

I think bro Patricklhc meant by he scrolled down to look at ur pics before read up on what's written on ur thread. Very nice tank indeed. Hope my frags are doing well in ur tank.

Haha yes that was what I meant :) u know me well bro :)

• SRC Member

What skimmer are you using?
What is your water parameter with this set up, esp NO3 and PO4 ? It's really impressive and encouraging to see SPS so nicely kept with this set up.

• SRC Member

22 hours ago, Darren Sim said:

Any review on the salt you using?

I've only used Coral Pro Salt for 1 mth then switched to this Probiotic Salt. I also never check my parameters, so Im not sure I'm qualified to do any review, lol.

But so far the colors are good & getting good PE on the acros.

13 hours ago, $andy said:

Sexy tank emoji4.png

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Thanks $andy :)

14 hours ago, SubzeroLT said:

That's a lovely setup you have. Your tank is amazing!!

Wharfedale diamond 10 speakers back there? lol

Thanks SubzeroLT. Lol, the center is diamond 10, but the satellites are DX1-HCP :D 

• SRC Member
21 hours ago, Admiraltian said:

Haha, ic ic :D

10 hours ago, patricklhc said:

Haha yes that was what I meant :) u know me well bro :)

Lol :cheers:

• SRC Member
10 hours ago, Mike Stone said:

What skimmer are you using?
What is your water parameter with this set up, esp NO3 and PO4 ? It's really impressive and encouraging to see SPS so nicely kept with this set up.

I'm using Tunze 9001 skimmer.

Thanks for the compliment, but I have never checked my NO3 & PO4 until now. At least not yet, planning to get the kits. :)

9 hours ago, sharonleong said:

Yea I want to know what kind of supplement you use.

20161012_182640-01.jpeg

Here are all the stuff I'm using. 

The Coral A, B, E, F, V, Kalium, Coral Food & Pro Bio F are dosed once every 3 days.

20% water change using tap water with Probiotic Salt weekly at SG 1.025.

Phosphate Minus & Carbon in the canister filter.