using aircon compressor to cool the fish tank , please come in

chercm

where do you guys place the compressor unit ? i place it in the living room and boy it is hot . any recommendation on how to deal with the hot air ?

• Like 1

Humble tank :

Size: 4x2.5x2 ft - Display 

Equipment :

Return 1 : Ecotech marine L1

Return 2 : Ecotech marine M1

CR : Skimz CM122 - Caribsea extra course media with Grotech magnesium

Light : ATI 8x54W

1 hour ago, Jewel said:

Better to mount outside the house, like usual aircon compressor. Then u can enjoy yr tank, without the hot air.

i already have compressor running and the problem to run the second compressor i need to run it from the study room which is pretty far away

Humble tank :

Equipment :

I staying in 3 room corner HDB last time placed my Chiller in the hall with hot air blowing out window but hall still pretty hot 30C. Now I placed it in kitchen with open windows so hall ambient temperature not that hot about 26C during raining days & 29C on very hot weather. Also my advise get a bigger capacity Chiller or at least a Chiller which match your aquarium capacity to set at 26C so Chiller will run average half an hour intervals. If you got an undersize Chiller which unable to handle your aquarium capacity then it will be pretty hot with your undersize Chiller running non stop.

at the moment , it is kicking in for 20 minutes and rest for 2 hours

Humble tank :

Equipment :

I used to run it beside my tank. It was very hot and humid in the living hall even during cool and rainy days. It's nothing like compared to those conventional aquarium chillers where if u chose an oversized one where kick in time is extended. Heat is get trapped and built up in my hall even though the compressor only kick in like every 2-3hrs, probably due to the powerful fcu in it. This has caused a lot of displeasure among my family members. Haha... in the end I shifted it to my kitchen service yard. Bro chercm, u shd get the air con guys to advise u. They will be able to advise u better on how to shift away from ur living room. I did mine and now everyone's happy. It will cost a few hundred though as they will need to re-weld ur drop coil and re-route pipe and insulation.

Sent from Singapore Reef Club mobile app

Display Tank : 36" x 20" x 20" Herbie overflow box design, Sump : 36" x 21" x 17", Frag Tank : 16” x 20” x 16”, custom built by Tank Culture.

Lightings : Ecotech  Radion XR15 Pro x 2 for Main Display Tank, Inled R80 x 1 for Frag Tank.

Chiller : Dalkin 1hp compressor with build-in drop coil.

Skimmer : Skimz Octa SC205i Protein Skimmer.

FR : H2Ocean FMR75 Fluidised Media Reactor with Hailea HX-2500 (Feeder Pump) running Rowaphos.

CR : Skimz Monzter E Series CM122 Calcium Reactor.

BPR: Marine Source Biopellet  Reactor with Continuum Reef Biopellet Fuel. 

Main Return Pump : SICCE Syncra ADV 9.0 & Jebao ACQ-10000 Water Pump.

Wavemaker : Jebao MOW-9 x2 for Main Display Tank & Jebao SLW-20M  Sine Wave Pump for  Frag Tank.

Water Top Up: AutoAqua Smart ATO Lite.

8 hours ago, Admiraltian said:

I used to run it beside my tank. It was very hot and humid in the living hall even during cool and rainy days. It's nothing like compared to those conventional aquarium chillers where if u chose an oversized one where kick in time is extended. Heat is get trapped and built up in my hall even though the compressor only kick in like every 2-3hrs, probably due to the powerful fcu in it. This has caused a lot of displeasure among my family members. Haha... in the end I shifted it to my kitchen service yard. Bro chercm, u shd get the air con guys to advise u. They will be able to advise u better on how to shift away from ur living room. I did mine and now everyone's happy. It will cost a few hundred though as they will need to re-weld ur drop coil and re-route pipe and insulation.

do you mean derrick or who ?

Humble tank :

Equipment :

I've pm u. Derrick doesn't do relocation of compressor. This sub contractor is recommended by him though.

Display Tank : 36" x 20" x 20" Herbie overflow box design, Sump : 36" x 21" x 17", Frag Tank : 16” x 20” x 16”, custom built by Tank Culture.

Lightings : Ecotech  Radion XR15 Pro x 2 for Main Display Tank, Inled R80 x 1 for Frag Tank.

Chiller : Dalkin 1hp compressor with build-in drop coil.

Skimmer : Skimz Octa SC205i Protein Skimmer.

FR : H2Ocean FMR75 Fluidised Media Reactor with Hailea HX-2500 (Feeder Pump) running Rowaphos.

CR : Skimz Monzter E Series CM122 Calcium Reactor.

BPR: Marine Source Biopellet  Reactor with Continuum Reef Biopellet Fuel. 

Main Return Pump : SICCE Syncra ADV 9.0 & Jebao ACQ-10000 Water Pump.

Wavemaker : Jebao MOW-9 x2 for Main Display Tank & Jebao SLW-20M  Sine Wave Pump for  Frag Tank.

Water Top Up: AutoAqua Smart ATO Lite.

anyone tried to leave the compressor at the common corridor?

Humble tank :

Equipment :

• 7 months later...

any other suggestion ?

Humble tank :

Equipment :