IM 10G Rookie

riotriot

• SRC Member
2 minutes ago, Jairus said:

thanks for sharing! i personally like the small profile of the light too. but your lights only on for 4 hours a day (excluding night time)?

Yes plus sunrise & sunset timing are set on 2 hours to ramp up and down. Yes by 7pm it's only the royal blue sort of moonlight conditions, the corals still open up actually.

• SRC Member
22 hours ago, riotriot said:

Yes plus sunrise & sunset timing are set on 2 hours to ramp up and down. Yes by 7pm it's only the royal blue sort of moonlight conditions, the corals still open up actually.

haha nice, lesser hours of light means lesser algae too haha

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • SRC Member

Thought of getting this nuvo nano 10. Do you guys find the price steep at $175 (tank only, F&M)?

My old tank already used for 5 years. How often should we change tank in case the glue give way?

Just bought the AOL AL60... seems ok. Noise level is much lower than HC-100a but still the fan sound is not whisper quiet :huh:

Need it to struggle with my 50L tank for a while till I get the 30L tank

• SRC Member
59 minutes ago, finind said:

Thought of getting this nuvo nano 10. Do you guys find the price steep at $175 (tank only, F&M)?

My old tank already used for 5 years. How often should we change tank in case the glue give way?

Just bought the AOL AL60... seems ok. Noise level is much lower than HC-100a but still the fan sound is not whisper quiet :huh:

Need it to struggle with my 50L tank for a while till I get the 30L tank

Hi hi! It's my first tank, and if i had a 2nd chance, I would get a bigger tank..haha. I think depends on how well the tank is made for the lifespan of the glue.

Yeah AL60 is great but mine is a little wonky now. used to maintain the temperature, now it fluctuates between 2-3degress.

Why you want to downsize  your tank may I ask?

• SRC Member
On 2/7/2017 at 4:17 PM, riotriot said:

Hi hi! It's my first tank, and if i had a 2nd chance, I would get a bigger tank..haha. I think depends on how well the tank is made for the lifespan of the glue.

Yeah AL60 is great but mine is a little wonky now. used to maintain the temperature, now it fluctuates between 2-3degress.

Why you want to downsize  your tank may I ask?

fluctuates between 2-3degress? as in?

AL60 seems no problem in cooling my 50+ litre tank. Those fans inside look like PC fans! .. ha, can replace myself.

Wonder what technology this chiller is using? not just fan and heat sink/fins ba?

wanted to downsize cos easier to maintain perhaps ... try not to get too tire maintaining the tank

also lower maintenance cost :D

actually even thought of stopping but seems like downsize should address my concern and get to keep my coral

• Like 1

• SRC Member
2 hours ago, finind said:

fluctuates between 2-3degress? as in?

AL60 seems no problem in cooling my 50+ litre tank. Those fans inside look like PC fans! .. ha, can replace myself.

Wonder what technology this chiller is using? not just fan and heat sink/fins ba?

wanted to downsize cos easier to maintain perhaps ... try not to get too tire maintaining the tank

also lower maintenance cost :D

actually even thought of stopping but seems like downsize should address my concern and get to keep my coral

As in the chiller cant maintain the temperature that I set. It will swing 2-3 degrees above the set temperature. 

Mine's only 10gallon but it hard to maintain a stable water parameter.

A bigger tank would be more forgiving if I'm not wrong but also would cost more. =(

hi what return pump are you using and any pump recommendations for IM 10 with a price tag under 40$ and which as enough power to go through a chiller sitting under the cabinet? also do you think the flow stream nozzle is a valuable purchase?

• SRC Member
3 hours ago, Jack 123456 said:

hi what return pump are you using and any pump recommendations for IM 10 with a price tag under 40$ and which as enough power to go through a chiller sitting under the cabinet? also do you think the flow stream nozzle is a valuable purchase?

I'm using this for my return pump, http://www.sicce.com/prodottiDettaglio_eng.php/prodotto=syncra-nano-wet-dry-140-430-lh/idprodotto=97

And for chiller pump I'm using this http://www.sicce.com/prodottiDettaglio_eng.php/prodotto=micra/idprodotto=37

I think its about $23 from FnM. I like this brand actually. Haven't tried other brands so I'm not sure about it.

You should buy a spare pump and keep it in case anything happens.  Thats what happen to my stock pump and luckily I had the Sicce.

• SRC Member
1 hour ago, Ashtrax said:

From this image can't really tell how you plot your light setting.

you set it yourself or you get it from the net?

Hi Ash,

Light starts from 10am ramping up to the above setting at 12pm.

From 4pm to 8pm it ramps down to nightmode which I set  (  UV20% V20% RY40% B20% G0% DR0% CW0% )

From 8pm to 1am everything slow goes to 0%

Its my own setttings actually but I guess it really up to your own preference.

• SRC Member
I'm using this for my return pump, http://www.sicce.com/prodottiDettaglio_eng.php/prodotto=syncra-nano-wet-dry-140-430-lh/idprodotto=97
And for chiller pump I'm using this http://www.sicce.com/prodottiDettaglio_eng.php/prodotto=micra/idprodotto=37
I think its about $23 from FnM. I like this brand actually. Haven't tried other brands so I'm not sure about it.
You should buy a spare pump and keep it in case anything happens.  Thats what happen to my stock pump and luckily I had the Sicce.

Both pumps in last chamber?