Plan for a IOS tank

• SRC Member
24 minutes ago, Harry H said:

I have both of them and currently using 6040. Both are just fine wavemakers but the tunze has more control. The corals somehow prefer the wave patterns of the tunze and extend themselves more. I think it can mimic the reef flow better. The downside is that the tunze is slightly larger but your tank size should not be an issue. My tank is the IM 10g size. All the best!

Sent from Singapore Reef Club mobile app

Thks bro for your input..so now u decomm ur rw4 n using 6040 in ur IM 10g? :)

@ 291213

Updated video: Kenyee FOWLR

http://m.youtube.com/my_videos

• SRC Member
44 minutes ago, Eric Ng Yong Keong said:

Bro u can go to innovative marine website and download their manual to take a look at their ios design. The dimension are stated clearly.

Tunze is a great investment. Mine has a auto adjustment to create wave in my 25g. Very impressed in the controller as well.

Thks bro..my tank was made n running now..i stick to my 1st plan..basic simple design Haha..

I would love to have tunze 6040 too..will definately get it if my rw4 fail one day.. :)

@ 291213

• SRC Member
9 hours ago, Harry H said:

As a back up. You always have a backup. Things fail or jam.

Ok bro..from my experience, jebao equipment keep as backup risky..my jebao wp25 fail after I kept it in a cupboard for like 6months..tunze equipment can keep for long..my old tunze 6045 wavemaker kept for years n still working fine.. :)

@ 291213

• SRC Member
On ‎11‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 7:36 AM, yukok.lim08 said:

That statement only true for using chiller. Depends how height is the divider being place, water level at DT will drop significantly inDT due to cooling fan.

I just share my personal experience as my DT water level is dropping more than 1cm and below overflow due to evaporation from cooling fan . However my IOS do have more hole below overflow to allow water passing to back to prevent no water goes to back. Just that water level below overflow will cause i lose the surface skimming function.

Kenyee IOS design only allow water go to Compartment through overflow thus need take care evaporation rate into consideration

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi,

I am not sure why you experience drop in water level in DT when there is evaporation. Scientifically this should not happen the drop should be in the return pump compartment. as mentioned earlier by others and of course if the evaporation is too much and water level in the pump compartment is near the pump intake then vortex will form and air will then be sucked in and returned to the DT.

• 1 month later...
  • SRC Member
On 11 January 2017 at 2:05 PM, DottyClown said:

This is very good sharing.

I am also running an IOS tank and using a fan to cool.  Attached is my tank design.

What skimmer r u  using? Thks.

• SRC Member

Good to know ur tank is up and running. :) u may want to consider an algae Scrubber. I find that is the most stable nutrient exporter so it's very suitable for nano tanks. Skimmers in nanotanks tend to overflow very fast and that will result in reintroducing of ammonia as the protein skimmed has gone bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk