Arctica vs teco chiller

Hilmi21

• SRC Member

Hi guys i have a question on chiller. My tank is around 150 gallon so i wanna ask if should i get a arctica brand of chiller or the teco brand chiller? Which of the two are better in performance and save electricity and also a shorter time of running. Thank you guys

Sent from Singapore Reef Club mobile app

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Hello guys,

I just gotten a used compressor, can disclose the roughly cost of installation here.

Many thanks,

My tank setting:
Size : 48" x 24" x 24"
Return pump: 1 x Vectra S2, 1 x Eheim 1264
Skimmer: Skimz DC skimmer SV203
Lighting : Maxspect Razor R420R 160W
Chiller : 1hp drop coil compressor
Wave maker : 2 x Nero 5 , 1 x Tunze 6055

Top up : Tunze Osmolator Universal 3155

• 1 month later...
  • SRC Member
after researching on my chiller the last time, came across some bad reviews on artica. but probably not alot using teco too

Haven’t used Arctica Nor Teco chillers before, but would like to know how the noise is myself from others who have used them or are using them.

Hailea is good based on my experience with it but can be extremely noisy.

Sent from Singapore Reef Club mobile app

• 1 month later...

Used both. Sold the artica away due to the size. Its like a giant gaming cpu. Settled with a teco due to the size.

One thing i noticed with my teco i have to set a about 4 deg lower for the desired temp in my tank. 

Ex 26deg main tank. 

Set teco at 22 deg 

with this settings it seems not to work too hard as much when setting much lower temp on the teco I cant barely hear the compressor turns on.Maybe because the main water that is pumped thru is already cold to begin with and it just maintains the cold. When set much higher temp it seems to be working abit on the fulltime. Unnoticeable compressor sound or maybe im already deaf from the protein skimmer sound.

For the artica she is a tank to move around but easier to clean and service.Artica chills faster in my opinion. Teco has a sensor problem which if ur water temp is 29 deg. You must set the teco at 27 deg in order for the teco to start the compressor. If u set to 19 deg..  no go it will just shut down and restart..Then u gradually lower and lower to ur desired temp on the unit.

i settled for the teco due to the size.