How to know GSP is dead?

Patrick

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

They are like that especially when they first adapt to your water. They might closed up for a few weeks. They might wither away slowly if they cannot get used to your water parameter. Try not to dose anything if possible other than your standard cal, My and Kh. Generally the are quite hardy. They might remained closed for a month ...or 2 but they are still alive so don't throw away :-)..

Sent from Singapore Reef Club mobile app

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

Bought a palm size GSP it opened for a few weeks then closed up after I dosed supplements and has not open up since then. Noticed the mat started to be brittle and crack up easily. Is it dead?

It is very difficult to kill GSP actually.
Bring it to a lower flow location, place at sandbed is also okay.
Use a blower to blow off any debris or sand on the GSP. There is no need to dose any thing for GSP, just water change.
Check your parameters, is anything severely out of range ?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

• SRC Member

What did you dose and how much? IME GSP are some of the hardiest polyps, mine survived not one, but 2 tank crashes where every other coral pretty much died.

If yours are evidently dying my first Guess would be you dosed too much of whatever you were dosing.