Pulsing Xenia

• SRC Member

New to marine hobby! Currently keeping FOWLR for now. Thinking of diving into keeping corals - mainly Pulsing Xenias.

Can I check, am I able to grow them under 4x80W of T5 light? If not, what are the considerations for the light (colour, Kelv, wattage, etc)?

Sent from Singapore Reef Club mobile app

• SRC Member
Xenia is photosynthetic so will still require sufficient lighting. 60W is rather low (I assume its a standard 5 x 2 x 2 tank). Unless you place the xenia near the water surface.

Yeah i figured the first part out. Umm, my tank is actually 6x2.2x2.5 tall. I’ve got spare rocks in my sump to build my structure a little higher. Will it be sufficient?

• SRC Member

Give e a photo shot of the xenia location in light. Shld be able to tell. I think it's just shock from a new tank. If u threw it in just like that it'll probably not do so well. Shld at least mix in water slowly while it's in the bag then put in. Did u acclimatise?

• SRC Member
Give e a photo shot of the xenia location in light. Shld be able to tell. I think it's just shock from a new tank. If u threw it in just like that it'll probably not do so well. Shld at least mix in water slowly while it's in the bag then put in. Did u acclimatise?

I havent purchase any Xenias yet. Was thinking of getting some frags and trying it out in my tank.

But regarding acclimatisation, yes I will always acclimatise all my fishes to my tank water at least 2 hours before tossing them in!

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...