Nooblenny Proper Reef

Nooblenny

• SRC Member
1 hour ago, Ashtrax said:

But AF balling method there are 3 solution

2 part I thought is just 2 solution?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, like i mentioned above. Balling method is just 2 part (2 solution) plus additional solution that contains Mg & NaCL free salt, so become 3 solution.

• SRC Member
On 2/21/2018 at 11:44 PM, Nooblenny said:

Yes, like i mentioned above. Balling method is just 2 part (2 solution) plus additional solution that contains Mg & NaCL free salt, so become 3 solution.

If i want to mix 2 part what would the mixture be like?

I just follow 3 solution video but neglect Mg mixture?

• SRC Member
3 hours ago, Ashtrax said:

If i want to mix 2 part what would the mixture be like?

I just follow 3 solution video but neglect Mg mixture?

I am not very sure, but should be no issue using AF solution 1 & 2 only.

Theoretically the Mineral Salt in solution 3 (as in all Balling method) is important to fix the excess Sodium Chloride from 2-part dosing. People who use 2-part usually reduce the sodium chloride by water change.

Then again, if you just want 2 part dosing then there is no need to change from what you are using now right?

• SRC Member
19 hours ago, Nooblenny said:

Theoretically the Mineral Salt in solution 3 (as in all Balling method) is important to fix the excess Sodium Chloride from 2-part dosing. People who use 2-part usually reduce the sodium chloride by water change.

Then again, if you just want 2 part dosing then there is no need to change from what you are using now right?

https://www.marinedepot.com/Two_Little_Fishies_C_Balance_Two_Part_Solution_Calcium_and_Alkalinity-Two_Little_Fishies-TL1191-FIADTP-vi.html

The above attachment, is the one i'm currently using. It doesn't have powder form thinking of switching it as it would be more cost efficient.

Sodium Chloride from 2-part dosing, increases salinity values of the tank right?

• SRC Member
19 hours ago, Nooblenny said:

This is the 2 part i'm using. I'm not sure would it be the same as AF 2 part that why i'm keen to find out, to add on the current 2 part doesn't come with powder form which make AF product more cost economical..

https://www.marinedepot.com/Two_Little_Fishies_C_Balance_Two_Part_Solution_Calcium_and_Alkalinity-Two_Little_Fishies-TL1191-FIADTP-vi.html

This is what i got from AF website. 

https://aquaforest.eu/en/how-reef-mineral-salt-works/

The use of NaCl free salt is not so common any more, and application of the Balling method is often limited to 2 or sometimes 3 of its main components. This approach will probably not cause any problems for several weeks or even months, but in the meantime the chemical reactions that take place in the marine aquarium will lead to a deficit of trace elements.
Balling “Two Part” or “Light” is gaining in popularity, but the truth is that the old, but revolutionary original method was much more effective when it comes to maintaining stable water parameters. Regular use of NaCl free salt is highly recommended to help address ionic imbalance issues in the long run.

• SRC Member
On 2/25/2018 at 10:53 PM, Ashtrax said:

The above attachment, is the one i'm currently using. It doesn't have powder form thinking of switching it as it would be more cost efficient.

Sodium Chloride from 2-part dosing, increases salinity values of the tank right?

Not sure about the long term effect of that as I'm a noob myself in term of dosing. Only started dosing on this new tank.

• SRC Member
On 2/25/2018 at 10:58 PM, Ashtrax said:

This is the 2 part i'm using. I'm not sure would it be the same as AF 2 part that why i'm keen to find out, to add on the current 2 part doesn't come with powder form which make AF product more cost economical..

This is what i got from AF website. 

https://aquaforest.eu/en/how-reef-mineral-salt-works/

The use of NaCl free salt is not so common any more, and application of the Balling method is often limited to 2 or sometimes 3 of its main components. This approach will probably not cause any problems for several weeks or even months, but in the meantime the chemical reactions that take place in the marine aquarium will lead to a deficit of trace elements.
Balling “Two Part” or “Light” is gaining in popularity, but the truth is that the old, but revolutionary original method was much more effective when it comes to maintaining stable water parameters. Regular use of NaCl free salt is highly recommended to help address ionic imbalance issues in the long run.

The Two Little Fishies 2-part should be more or less similar to AF component 1 & 2 in regards of Calcium, Alk & Trace elements. 

Yes, that's what I meant, whether the ionic imbalance is an issue for you. Because many people do not care about it and they simply do water change to fix it. 

• 3 weeks later...

Nice and neat tank.

Display Tank : 36" x 20" x 20" Herbie overflow box design, Sump : 36" x 21" x 17", Frag Tank : 16” x 20” x 16”, custom built by Tank Culture.

Lightings : Ecotech  Radion XR15 Pro x 2 for Main Display Tank, Inled R80 x 1 for Frag Tank.

Chiller : Dalkin 1hp compressor with build-in drop coil.

Skimmer : Skimz Octa SC205i Protein Skimmer.

FR : H2Ocean FMR75 Fluidised Media Reactor with Hailea HX-2500 (Feeder Pump) running Rowaphos.

CR : Skimz Monzter E Series CM122 Calcium Reactor.

BPR: Marine Source Biopellet  Reactor with Continuum Reef Biopellet Fuel. 

Main Return Pump : SICCE Syncra ADV 9.0 & Jebao ACQ-10000 Water Pump.

Wavemaker : Jebao MOW-9 x2 for Main Display Tank & Jebao SLW-20M  Sine Wave Pump for  Frag Tank.

Water Top Up: AutoAqua Smart ATO Lite.

• SRC Member
On 3/25/2018 at 10:17 AM, Zeeman said:

Bro for your balling method for component 1 2 3, what’s the difference you mix it yourself and the premixed ones for 1+2+3+

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Main thing is cost, self-mix can save a lot.

Trace elements all the same whether self-mix or premixed. The recipe is from AF themselves