My new small 16 litre Nano tank

Tabungrahim

• SRC Member

Fish maybe. Fishes perhaps not for the well-being of your livestocks, I suggest Cycling your tank a little longer. When the tank is able to process 0.25-0.5 ammonia within 24 hours, I'll then consider adding in livestocks at a gradual pace

Sent from Singapore Reef Club mobile app

• SRC Member
Almost going to 3rd week..... Can I put anything? Fish or corals?

If you’ve been dosing bacteria to speed up your cycling process, IME 2 weeks is enough to put a couple of fishes in, but definitely don’t just fill up your whole tank with several things at once hahaha. Don’t know about the product you’re using but I’ve used seachem stability and brightwell Aquatics microbacter 7 to cycle tanks before and the fastest cycle I’ve had that achieved 0 Ammonia and nitrite took barely 5 days.

• SRC Member

Thanks everyone..... Just enquiry what type of test kit I need to buy? Which ones is cheap n easy to test?
I never test the water before. N never buy the test kit before.

Sent from my CPH1611 using Tapatalk

• SRC Member
Thanks everyone..... Just enquiry what type of test kit I need to buy? Which ones is cheap n easy to test?
I never test the water before. N never buy the test kit before.

Sent from my CPH1611 using Tapatalk

For starters The API saltwater test kit bundle is decent. Includes measuring kits for Ammonia, nitrite, nitrate and high range pH.

If you’ve been dosing bacteria to speed up your cycling process, IME 2 weeks is enough to put a couple of fishes in, but definitely don’t just fill up your whole tank with several things at once hahaha. Don’t know about the product you’re using but I’ve used seachem stability and brightwell Aquatics microbacter 7 to cycle tanks before and the fastest cycle I’ve had that achieved 0 Ammonia and nitrite took barely 5 days.

Seachem stability is good to have one. Zero casualties with my experience.

• SRC Member
Seachem stability is good to have one. Zero casualties with my experience.

Yup. Tried once putting a small black sponge seeded with bacteria from main tank into my brand new QT tank, added seachem stability over a period of 3-4 days and put a couple fishes in with no problems.

Yup. Tried once putting a small black sponge seeded with bacteria from main tank into my brand new QT tank, added seachem stability over a period of 3-4 days and put a couple fishes in with no problems.

It is good to have when you do water change also.