Waterlife sterazin (Apolemichthys Angel)

• SRC Member

prazipro her twice but can't seem to get all the gill flukes off.. I'm considering Waterlife Sterazin which is a 10 days course. Hopefully this will help Anyone tried Sterazin ? Can't seem to find much review online for this product .. IMG_5060.JPG

Sent from Singapore Reef Club mobile app

• SRC Member

You can try a freshwater dip or a medicated bath. usually works for flukes. And then treat with prazi again. But only if you know what you’re doing with the dip/medicated bath haha doing it incorrectly will likely kill the fish if the ph difference is too great and they go into osmotic shock

• Like 1

• SRC Member
Didn't work... I performed a 15 min fw dip and thereafter prazi few days later, but she's still showing symptoms

To be fair if it’s truly gill flukes you shouldn’t be able to see them.. might be a different parasite altogether

Edit: they become visible when they fall off the host fish but while attached they’re usually not visible, what more if attached to/within the gills

• SRC Member
Keep bring out fish to dip may cause alot stress to it and may die more fast

Agreed. Sometimes our quarantine procedures get so perfectionistic and overly clinical we forget about the fragility of these animals and sometimes the fish dies where it would have survived had we not been so particular about treating it 100% haha. Just my 2c

• SRC Member
Keep bring out fish to dip may cause alot stress to it and may die more fast

I'll try Sterazin which is a 10 days course. Hopefully this will help :) otherwise I'll counting dipping her. I must say she's very hardy and gotten used to it. I actually did an overdosed on Sterazin unknowingly (double the dosage). It took me couple of hours to prepare some fresh water to dilute the medication. Seems that she's not affected and continue eating

• SRC Member

Agreed. Sometimes our quarantine procedures get so perfectionistic and overly clinical we forget about the fragility of these animals and sometimes the fish dies where it would have survived had we not been so particular about treating it 100% haha. Just my 2c

TBH, its better now than later. If she isn't going to make it in the QT, that's just unfortunate. It silly to risk the DT. So much effort been put into the DT and sad to say, I'm not going to let her bring all down

• Like 1