Lennardi Wrasse

• SRC Member

Why after 1 month didnt make it? If it is feeding that is half the battle won.

• SRC Member

Feeding them frozen food and three times a week? Anampses wrasses have small stomach and mouths i heard so they need regular feedings if not they waste away. Also would help to deworm them for sure to combat they losing weight to intestinal worms.

• SRC Member

No did not jump out. They were by themselves yup with sand as well. I don't think it's the water quality, it's a cycled QT. What I'm suspecting is these fishes are very skeptical to some kind of diseases....

Sent from Singapore Reef Club mobile app

• SRC Member

If it is your tank for more than 2 weeks liao. Most likely not water quality liao. Though i wouldn't put these sensitive fish in QT coz QT watee quality not as matured as DT.

Did u deworm them?

• SRC Member

For new wrasse try put in box in main tank then feed them until they eat alot for around 1week as they need to adept to the water then release but some time this wrasse even with u a month also will die just try all we can to make them happy in tank

• SRC Member

Also to add I’ve noticed wrasses will dive headfirst into the substrate in a new tank. Perhaps their hardiness also depends on the availability of substrate real estate more than anything else, especially in the beginning. Without adequate hiding places in the sand they become less likely to feed and are much more easily stressed as they potentially injure themselves while trying to bury themselves into crevices and often sharp substitutes in the aquarium that aren’t the right sort of sandbed for these fish.

• SRC Member
For new wrasse try put in box in main tank then feed them until they eat alot for around 1week as they need to adept to the water then release but some time this wrasse even with u a month also will die just try all we can to make them happy in tank

Yes I did. All 3 seem to be weaklings.....

IMG_5398.JPG

• SRC Member
Whaaa bro u do yours best but his this your main tank ?? Y no sand and also how u feed them in this box

QT. Hahahaha there are holes on the containers..

• SRC Member

Given there's not much info on this particular wrasse, I did not expect all to do fairly well. On the other hand I've not expected all to die as well... my guess is they are very skeptical to internal and perhaps external parasite..