Adding a tap for rodi filter

Fezzaboom

Does anyone have any experience adding a tap to regulate the output for the RODI filter? Will it damage the booster pump? I am currently using a booster pump but the flow rate is too fast that water after the RO membrane does not reside in the di resin portion long enough for the resin to work. 

My booster pump came with regulator, which located at the front side of the pump, to adjust it you need to use Allen key.

Not sure will the tap damage the booster pump, can share the information how long the water need to stay in di resin to work effectively.

• Like 1

My DI resins have color changing indicator in them so I infer that they are yet to be exhausted. I am getting about 12 ppm even though the resins are in working condition. I was hoping to improve the reading by allowing the water to stay longer in the di resin compartment 

• SRC Supporter

Most folks use booster pumps & do not have this issue. Let's have some discussion here.

I hope the container you are using to measure the TDS is 'clean'. Rinse it a couple of times with RODI water then re-measure. I had a friend who used a 'dirty' container to measure output water which triggered a series of unnecessary actions....all because the measurement method was incorrect.

The water out from the RO membrane (before DI resin) should be in the 5-10ppm range. Are you getting this? If not, let's debug this.

Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/mysliceofnature/