What is your favourite pico creature??

NubReefer

• SRC Member

IMO, pico reef is the most ecomical and easy setup any one with enough experience could do,

Stocking however, need to depends on a persons personality,

My favourite are

Sexy shrimp

Anemone shrimp

Bumblebee shrimp

Tube worm

Bongo shrimp

Harlequin shrimp?( tthis shrimp sometime gets huge)

And finally red ruby dragonet.

Sent from Singapore Reef Club mobile app

• SRC Supporter

Smaller tank for marine is not as easy as a bigger tank. However it is possible with proper care

What tank and equipment do u intent to use ?

If you have the time and understand the requirements and the tolerance allow it will work

6.5 * 2 * 2 + 3.75 * 1.5 *1.5,(Decomn on 14/9/08)
4*2*2 + 2.5*1.25*1.25 (Decomn on 1/8/09)
5*2*2 (Fully LED light system, 140 3 watt SSC leds with 60 degree lens)(Decomm)
2.5*2*2(Fully LED Light System,96 3 watt SSC leds with 60 degree lens)(Decomm)

5*2.5*2(LED only)

Eheim return 1 * pump

1 HP Daikin compressor with cooling coil
2 Jebao OW40, 1 ecotech MP40,
1X6085 Tunze wm,

1 CURVE 7 Skimmer

1 DIY 80 led control by Bluefish mini 

1 radion XR30W G2, 2 Radion XR15G3

Sump area lite by 5 ft T5 , 6 * SSC 3 watt red LED for refugium

1 Full spectrum E27 led light

1 CR control by bubble count

Start No Water Change since 1st Dec 2016

Add new 2.5x2x 1.5 ft 

nLekOfpYts.jpg
[/quote]

• SRC Member

Not as a first tank. Because of it's small water volume, it's parameters fluctuate. If u have a main tank to fall back on, allowing the corals to 'recuperate', while u stabilise the pico then I think it should be able to work. Just my personal opinion la :).

• SRC Member

Honestly, my first pico is basically one of my first saltwatet tank, it was just for fun but it soon proved more than a dull tank, the equipment i use is a powerhead connecting to a build in sponge compartment, and a led light, the whole tank come in one cost 20$. I can tell you that this tank is very hardy,the original idea is i bought an anemone shrimp( which is still alive) and a tube worm, i just dont have a extra tank so i put them into the pico. But as time goes by, i pay more attention to the tank and start focusing on clean up crew, currently comprises 2 nass snail. Something i should tell you(please dont insult me,) the water in the tank is 50% of the water i used for the tank the very moment i started it. I can count the time i did water change with one hand! And the tank has been up at least 4 month and it is still contaning the shrimp and tube worm.

• SRC Member
2 hours ago, NubReefer said:

Honestly, my first pico is basically one of my first saltwatet tank, it was just for fun but it soon proved more than a dull tank, the equipment i use is a powerhead connecting to a build in sponge compartment, and a led light, the whole tank come in one cost 20$. I can tell you that this tank is very hardy,the original idea is i bought an anemone shrimp( which is still alive) and a tube worm, i just dont have a extra tank so i put them into the pico. But as time goes by, i pay more attention to the tank and start focusing on clean up crew, currently comprises 2 nass snail. Something i should tell you(please dont insult me,) the water in the tank is 50% of the water i used for the tank the very moment i started it. I can count the time i did water change with one hand! And the tank has been up at least 4 month and it is still contaning the shrimp and tube worm.

I am sry if u read it as an insult which was not meant to be my intention. Cheers n happy reefing :)