Sirius' Rimless Shallow Mixed Reef

nuclear_fibre

• SRC Member

Good to hear ur tank is safe with minimal damage done. Love to have apex but can’t bring myself to pay for it lol. I’m sure when apex is up and running, it will be able to monitor ur tank. Maybe can add one IP cam? Too many high end corals in ur tank! 

• SRC Member
When my tank more ready...will come...lol.

Few pointers:
1. Multi - socket is generally not approved, hence you seldom see the CE safety logo.
2. Loading is one point, got to look at surge also.
3. Buying equipment, those non 3 pins, may not be designed for sg use and hence risk involved in using. 
4. Have those extension cord standby for emergency. 
5. For equipment with high risk failure, use elcb socket to minimize main breaker tripping.
6. Warning device... those aquarium controller or isocket or those device for intelligent home setup. 
Good sharing exp. see you soon. 

Bro thanks for sharing. What do u consider equipment with high risk failure? China made equipment?

Sent from Singapore Reef Club mobile app

• SRC Member
Good to hear ur tank is safe with minimal damage done. Love to have apex but can’t bring myself to pay for it lol. I’m sure when apex is up and running, it will be able to monitor ur tank. Maybe can add one IP cam? Too many high end corals in ur tank! 

Thanks bro! Yes counting my lucky stars. I’m not so gadget savvy so apex is giving me headaches alrdy. Ip cam slowly and maybe will come..

Wow Heng ah, u r around... 

Gald it didn't caught fire.. last time I have a experience with the socket..and it just explore and melt off.. so scary!!

|| Tank: 5x2x2.5 || Sump 3.5x1.5.1.5 || Lights: DeLighting 2x80w Aquable Special T5 ||

|| Return: 2 x ehiem 1264 || Skimmer: Skimz SM251 ||

|| CR: deltec denitrator || ATO with custom make reservior tank||

|| FR: TLF running Rowas ,UV ||

|| Wavemaker: Jebao RE20& RW15|| Chiller: Daikin 1HP Compressor ||

|| Monitor 1: American Marine Pinpoint Temperature monitor ||

• SRC Member
2 hours ago, nuclear_fibre said:

Thanks bro! Yes counting my lucky stars. I’m not so gadget savvy so apex is giving me headaches alrdy. Ip cam slowly and maybe will come.. emoji28.png

Yes bro me too. I’m a tech idiot. Maybe u can consider getting a electrician to make/split an additional power point (lower Chances of surge etc?).

One power point is using Berkin. Comes with surge protection and free isurance lol

Another PowerPoint comes with an APC extension/back-up battery. The wave makers are powered by this. So it really power failure (happened before) can buy a few hours.

Just sharing. 

• Like 1

• SRC Member
Yes bro me too. I’m a tech idiot. Maybe u can consider getting a electrician to make/split an additional power point (lower Chances of surge etc?).
One power point is using Berkin. Comes with surge protection and free isurance lol
Another PowerPoint comes with an APC extension/back-up battery. The wave makers are powered by this. So it really power failure (happened before) can buy a few hours.
Just sharing. 

Thanks for sharing bro!

• SRC Member
Wow impressive. How were able to build up such a wide and varied collection of knock-out corals in such a short time?? Good reefer friends??

Hmm.... I think there are a lot of nice corals around! And maybe just chionging to every shipment and picking the ones u like?

Yes many Reefer friends helped aid my collection too haha

• Like 1

• SRC Member
When my tank more ready...will come...lol.

Few pointers:
1. Multi - socket is generally not approved, hence you seldom see the CE safety logo.
2. Loading is one point, got to look at surge also.
3. Buying equipment, those non 3 pins, may not be designed for sg use and hence risk involved in using. 
4. Have those extension cord standby for emergency. 
5. For equipment with high risk failure, use elcb socket to minimize main breaker tripping.
6. Warning device... those aquarium controller or isocket or those device for intelligent home setup. 
Good sharing exp. see you soon. 
How do u guys install elcb? As in a separate one frm ur main circuit breaker?

• SRC Member

Took some photos just now to capture the size of these frags and compare them in a few months time.

My Sps colours have been slowly browning and I’m still trying to figure out why. But there are still many variables that could have caused it, so I’m trying to make changes slowly and hopefully with time they will stabilise and colour up more again (as long as they don’t die on me )

Sold to me and called Pink Lady. It has pink polyps.
Snapseed.jpg

Birds of paradise
Snapseed.jpg

Think this was called a Pink Duster. Colours are losing
Snapseed.jpg

This is a red polyped specimen I got from an Aussie shipment. Once again the red is not as obvious as it was few weeks back.
Snapseed.jpg

This is supposed to be a rainbow milli. I’m not sure if it’s a milli tho. Any experts to advice?
Snapseed.jpg

Another piece I like. It is actually green and with a tinge of purplish pink. I don’t know what this Sps is so anyone who can ID it for me will be great
Snapseed.jpg

Another pink polyped specimen. I think I have a liking for things pink.
Snapseed.jpg

Rainbow loripes. Been with me for 6 weeks so far and luckily the colour for this has largely remained the same.
Snapseed.jpg

Don’t know what this is but I like the colours on it.
Snapseed.jpg

Random zoa frag pictures. Tyree Rasta and AOI.
Snapseed.jpg

Snapseed.jpg