Sirius' Rimless Shallow Mixed Reef

nuclear_fibre

• SRC Member

Finally found the time this week to add some updates

Here are pictures showing the start of the piping works

IMG_0064.JPG

This piping work took about 3 weeks in total.... as it was quite complicated getting the pipes to run the way I had designed my system

Here's a pic of what was completed in the first sitting

IMG_0063.JPG

I like how the two return pipes enter from the middle and split like a V to both ends of the tank eventually

IMG_0065.JPG

Sent from Singapore Reef Club mobile app

• SRC Member

Fast forward three weeks after that initial work, the piping was finally completed!

This is the end product! The two pipes with the ball valves are meant for the chiller in the compartment on the right, while I have three overflow pipes running on an animal bean overflow. What do u guys think?

IMG_0070.JPG

• SRC Member

Am personally very satisfied with the way this has turned out so far. It was fun going through this process of planning to fruition. Thanks to the advice and help from one of my bros in this hobby! I definitely saved many potential headaches and it's been lucky thus far

Here's another zoomed out shot of the completed sump

IMG_0071.JPG

• SRC Member
Am personally very satisfied with the way this has turned out so far. It was fun going through this process of planning to fruition. Thanks to the advice and help from one of my bros in this hobby! I definitely saved many potential headaches and it's been lucky thus far

Here's another zoomed out shot of the completed sump

IMG_0071.thumb.JPG.fcf379c21675929a19d6afe6fd8e05b5.JPG

Nice n neat

Can share where u bought e piping?

• SRC Member

New updates!

After mixing the water and adding the sand, it was time to put in the live rock that I had been cycling for about 8 weeks. Spent about 4-5 hours sticking the rock scape I liked using the Fauna Marin Aqua Scapefix. Would totally recommend this product compared to other types of epoxy and superglue gel I've used for the same job. What are your opinions?

I personally felt it worked so well with so little. After settling the scaping for a 4 feet tank I had only used about 15% of the bottle!

IMG_0114.JPG

• SRC Member

For this new tank, I'm going to try out a macroalgae reactor.. bought the Skimz MBR157 rated for up to 1000 litre aquariums. I must say the design is pretty sleek and cool.

Here's the set up and the seeding of Chaeto which I will be using. It will run on a reverse photoperiod to my tank.

IMG_0095.JPG

IMG_0097.JPG

IMG_0099.JPG

All fixed up and ready to run!

IMG_0101.JPG

• SRC Member
3 hours ago, nuclear_fibre said:

For this new tank, I'm going to try out a macroalgae reactor.. bought the Skimz MBR157 rated for up to 1000 litre aquariums. I must say the design is pretty sleek and cool. emoji41.png

Here's the set up and the seeding of Chaeto which I will be using. It will run on a reverse photoperiod to my tank. emoji5.png

IMG_0095.JPG

IMG_0097.JPG

IMG_0099.JPG

All fixed up and ready to run!

IMG_0101.JPG

This is damn cool man. Makes my refugium 60s lol

• SRC Member
This is damn cool man. Makes my refugium 60s lol

Haha u mean this reactor makes ur refugium look retro? Sometimes old is gold!

I used to run a refugium too in the sump but the lights caused growth of nuisance algae on the sump glass and also marine pure blocks. Thus I decided to keep the lights contained this time and settled on a reactor which will make the sump look neat and clean.

• SRC Member

My chiller and electrical wiring are in the compartment on the right side of the cabinet.

I will be hooking up a dosing pump soon to replace the big 3 elements as my tank is quite heavily stocked w Sps. It will be situated right above the chiller where I had designed a slot for it.

IMG_0119.JPG