Anthias

• SRC Member

Hi 

not really an expert on Anthias but the shop sold me this and said it blue eye Anthias which I though it was suppose to be bright orange with lyre tail. Anyone know what fish is this? He went jaw fighting with my lyretail Anthias. And my lyretail died. 

7AA9D29A-A705-4B1C-86CF-6C706BEB664C.jpeg

32E0AA1F-2097-4D6D-8A33-EEC89FDF4B4A.jpeg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

If they are fighting, the dominant female will revert to being a dominant male. In an Anthias group, the males are dominant, the opposite from clownfish.

Don’t take this too lightly if the aggression continues and if you do have two females reverting at once they could well kill each other, you need to work out what is going on and why the aggression is there fairly fast.

• SRC Member

On 4/20/2018 at 1:12 AM, remus said:

Hi 

not really an expert on Anthias but the shop sold me this and said it blue eye Anthias which I though it was suppose to be bright orange with lyre tail. Anyone know what fish is this? He went jaw fighting with my lyretail Anthias. And my lyretail died. 

Yes, blue eye anthias, female. Hmm, usually female don't jaw fight. Your "lyretail Anthias" is male and challenge the female first.

Anthias sex transform took quite some time. My start transforming more than 2 months already still haven't complete. My male anthias quite aggressive toward the 2 females. Every time keep chasing them around, but he don't bite them. All 3 about the same size.