Is this sign of diatom?

• SRC Member
7 hours ago, soggycookies said:

Those look like residual reef cement to me. Diatoms will start to grow on more obvious surfaces at the beginning. All the best with your new setup!

Sent from Singapore Reef Club mobile app

oh ok... then I will continue to observe... so far cycle the tank for 11 days liao but look like nothing different in the tank...

• SRC Member
oh ok... then I will continue to observe... so far cycle the tank for 11 days liao but look like nothing different in the tank...

Just keep testing the ammonia, nitrite and nitrate levels bro. Once you see 0 ammonia and nitrite and some nitrates, your tank should be cycled

• SRC Member
On 6/10/2018 at 2:17 AM, soggycookies said:

Just keep testing the ammonia, nitrite and nitrate levels bro. Once you see 0 ammonia and nitrite and some nitrates, your tank should be cycled

yap yap, i measuring the parameters every 2 days

To increase the beneficial bacteria, i just need to increase the hosting area?

E.g. Add more rock, marine pure block or just need to be patience and wait for the bacteria to grow and multiplies by itself?

• SRC Member
yap yap, i measuring the parameters every 2 days To increase the beneficial bacteria, i just need to increase the hosting area?

E.g. Add more rock, marine pure block or just need to be patience and wait for the bacteria to grow and multiplies by itself?

Yes adding more media will allow for an increased beneficial bacteria population. As Long as there’s an ammonia source, the bacteria that breaks ammonia down into nitrite and nitrite into nitrate will be cultivated naturally over time, or You can dose bottled bacteria like microbacter 7 or Seachem stability to speed up your cycle too.

Hope this helps

• SRC Member
16 minutes ago, soggycookies said:

Yes adding more media will allow for an increased beneficial bacteria population. As Long as there’s an ammonia source, the bacteria that breaks ammonia down into nitrite and nitrite into nitrate will be cultivated naturally over time, or You can dose bottled bacteria like microbacter 7 or Seachem stability to speed up your cycle too.

Hope this helps

ok ok, then I will add more marine pure block... I'm using prodibio digest to speed up the cycle but just that I feel my ammonia reduce rate quite slow so I thought maybe my bacteria not enough...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...