Copperband and Moorish Idol

• SRC Member

Hi guys, I met up with a fellow saltwater hobbyist, who also happens to be my neighbour, who made keeping the above mentioned fish look easy.

I'm unsure if this is general knowledge, but he feeds his fish a product called 'Masstick'. The fish ate it very readily, and even ate it from his hand (including other butterflies and a few Clownfish). They look very happy and have very strong colours. Sorry, I cannot post any photos as I did not take any as I was too shy haha.

So yes, this is just an FYI to any other FOWLR hobbyists out there who are hesitant to keep both of these fish because of their feeding requirements:)

Sent from Singapore Reef Club mobile app

• 2 years later...
  • SRC Member

From my own experience, they do respond to clams (la la). I would pry open the clams and throw them into the tank. They will feed, but they are slow feeders. So if their tank mates are quick, you might need to throw a few more clams in. One drawback is that you will need to dispose of the shells regularly.

• 2 months later...
From my own experience, they do respond to clams (la la). I would pry open the clams and throw them into the tank. They will feed, but they are slow feeders. So if their tank mates are quick, you might need to throw a few more clams in. One drawback is that you will need to dispose of the shells regularly.

How to prepare the clams? Jus wash it and put into tank or need to boil?