RBTA Releasing Eggs

Blrs

About 20 minutes after lights off on the tank last night my RBTA released what looks like eggs. Thought it was just poop at first but it looked a little different so I decided to collect it. The "eggs" were black/dark brown and circular between 0.5 and 1mm in diameter, originally stuck together in a gel-like substance. I collected most of it with a coral feeder and put it in an API test tube. The "eggs" also float.

Tried to do some research but there is very limited info on the subject. Most RBTA spawning info/videos are about the release of sperm. Also realized that it was a new moon last night which made me think it was a spawning event. Any reefers have experienced something similar or can confirm what happened? I have no other RBTAs in the system but have a couple of mini maxi carpet anemones.

First few images show the "eggs" and the last shows what the RBTA looked like after. The RBTA has since gone back to normal.

IMG_1423.jpg

IMG_1426.jpg

IMG_1431.jpg

IMG_1436.jpg