The Holy Grail Conspicuous Angelfish

2 hours ago, Indeco said:

Oh Ok, I always get worries when the fish don't eat after 1 or 2 days... Haha... now I'm will focus more on their stability then on the feeding....

This LFS is famous for their sky high price, I was told by them they charge high is due to they QT the fish before selling. I went there a couple of time and everything look fine until recently visit. When I saw a few tang having ick and dead fishes lying around. Then finally I understand that is just marketing... lucky everytime I want to buy but is stop by their price else feed like kana chop carrot. Haha.. 

Been to some LFS in the east, have personally observed some dead fishes inside their tanks. They will quickly pick it out and discard. Most of the fishes on sale are extremely skinny. Some even have ick. Even if you think that you have purchased a "healthy" one, don‘t be surprised it already has ick or other disease.

• SRC Member
3 hours ago, nemonary571 said:

Been to some LFS in the east, have personally observed some dead fishes inside their tanks. They will quickly pick it out and discard. Most of the fishes on sale are extremely skinny. Some even have ick. Even if you think that you have purchased a "healthy" one, don‘t be surprised it already has ick or other disease.

Yap, understand that regardless any LFS out there always got risk involve so just don't see the point of paying more for the same thing...

Just my 2 cent...

• SRC Member
Oh Ok, I always get worries when the fish don't eat after 1 or 2 days... Haha... now I'm will focus more on their stability then on the feeding....
This LFS is famous for their sky high price, I was told by them they charge high is due to they QT the fish before selling. I went there a couple of time and everything look fine until recently visit. When I saw a few tang having ick and dead fishes lying around. Then finally I understand that is just marketing... lucky everytime I want to buy but is stop by their price else feed like kana chop carrot. Haha.. 

NO!!! Most cases please make sure the fishes are feeding. I took the risk because it's the nature of the fish character. Large angels are known not to feed for the first couple of weeks.

As for the LFS putting a premium stating that they QT the fishes, it's up to you to judge. I never believe in that LFS doing QT. As you said, tank was still full of ich 🤣 Put it bluntly, if your fishes die, you will acquire more.

Sent from Singapore Reef Club mobile app