Restart on a 522

Awjw

• SRC Member

Will be using this to document my new tank setup after a nightmarish experience on my 3ft tank.

Lost most livestock and my beloved tangs of 1yr and almost stopped the hobby. But decided to give it one more go and now will be with a 522 tank by aquarium artist. Tank will be arriving next week and hope all will be fine.

Below is a pic of my 3ft before tragedy stuck.

2788A7F0-0691-47A9-8068-B19D84DD380B.jpg

F75136BD-E1F4-4694-B163-AF32A21B6D6C.jpg

IMG_6768.JPGIMG_6379.JPG

Sent from Singapore Reef Club mobile app

• Like 2

• SRC Member
I just lost more than 2k worth of fishes in my 5x2x2.5 due to unknown illness... Now also restarting tank...

Only left with Asfur, Queen and Blueface v Angels...

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

My damage abt the same with the fishes and corals. All the best in the restart.

• SRC Member

I've been through Reef tanks and decided to go FOWLR cos my love is still on fishes... This is the 4th restart...

I think I lost about 10k on restarts already... At least that's what my wife calculated and after 'discount'... LOL!

• SRC Member
11 minutes ago, Angel Keeper said:

I've been through Reef tanks and decided to go FOWLR cos my love is still on fishes... This is the 4th restart...

I think I lost about 10k on restarts already... At least that's what my wife calculated and after 'discount'... LOL!

Bro what happen sia ? Velvet? Ich?

• SRC Member

Bro what happen sia ? Velvet? Ich?
I really dunno... It started with them not eating... Then one by one just started dying off... It's definitely not velvet though... But definitely something to do with gills... And not flukes... Anyway, let's not hijack this thread... LOL!

• SRC Member
I really dunno... It started with them not eating... Then one by one just started dying off... It's definitely not velvet though... But definitely something to do with gills... And not flukes... Anyway, let's not hijack this thread... LOL!

Haha. No worries. It can also become a Kopitiam thread.

• SRC Member

How Long belong the illness starts coming back?

Wife always prefer discounts or ‘used’ items.

• SRC Member

Totally feel the pain.

Anyway my restart is 2 days later... Gonna kill all bacteria and start all over again... Probably just get a school of yellow tangs and flame angels and one single show sized Angel...

• SRC Member
Anyway my restart is 2 days later... Gonna kill all bacteria and start all over again... Probably just get a school of yellow tangs and flame angels and one single show sized Angel...

Ic. I am still waiting for my tank to come. Going to start with corals and slowly load the fishes.

• SRC Member

I had the same issue also bro, had a crash due to unknown reason.. no ich, no flukes not nothing on them.. they just die one by one every few days for no reason.. started with my angels, wrasses, tangs.. only my clowns made it out..

• SRC Member

I had the same issue also bro, had a crash due to unknown reason.. no ich, no flukes not nothing on them.. they just die one by one every few days for no reason.. started with my angels, wrasses, tangs.. only my clowns made it out..

Even my clowns didn't make it...