Restart on a 522

Awjw

• SRC Member
Hehe the new nyos reactor like not bad. Got a frag from a bro here all brown and now showing some colours after abt 4 weeks.

Sent from Singapore Reef Club mobile app
IMG_2389.JPG.6b3927eaa44c84dd4897d3fafed130f7.JPG

Nice bro. Was thinking of the NYOS too. What media are u using. Rowaphos? Maybe after finishing my Seachem phosguard. Was thinking of Clarisea too, but sump too small

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• SRC Member

Nice bro. Was thinking of the NYOS too. What media are u using. Rowaphos? Maybe after finishing my Seachem phosguard. Was thinking of Clarisea too, but sump too small

Yup. Using rowaphos in a bag. Also thinking of the nyos. Haha

Sent from Singapore Reef Club mobile app

• 3 months later...
  • SRC Member

I had quite a bit of problem with nyos. The top and bottom plates of the reactor is held in place with an O ring only. So if the pressure inside the reactor build up (like a clogged sponge)  the reactor can pop open by itself. Nice concept but I would feel much safer when there is a mechanical lock 

• SRC Member

Ic. Haven’t got one. But on a whole you find that a good to have? For me it’s still the media in the bags. Haha

• SRC Member

If it works,  a reactor is good because it ensure the water flows thru the media instead of around the bag holding the media (which will reduce flow and/or be clogged).

But in my tank,  I find nyos too unreliable, Probably because my tank has quite a bit of suspension due to heavy fish load. I have the reactor pop off dumping almost a litre of carbon into my sump. In another occasion, the top of the reactor popped off half-way, and quite a bit of water spilled on the floor. 

If ur tank has little suspended particles,  guess it will work well. But for my case,  definately not worth the risk. 

• SRC Member

Ic. Guess I will reconsider it as seems like some fuss there and I am just a lazy guy. And since nothing is wrong with my current setup I will likely just leave it as it is. If it’s not broken don’t fix it. Haha thanks for the feedback.

• SRC Member
3 minutes ago, Awjw said:

Ic. Guess I will reconsider it as seems like some fuss there and I am just a lazy guy. And since nothing is wrong with my current setup I will likely just leave it as it is. If it’s not broken don’t fix it. Haha thanks for the feedback.

Maybe you want to hear from others as well. All the best! 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...