Cheato turning white

Indeco

• SRC Member

Will carbon kill the cheato? Recently added some carbon to my tank...

Did some read up alot of pples said can be due to lack of iron.

My tank parm is

Nitrate = 5

Phophaste = 0.15

Any bro can advise?

• SRC Member

I don't have cheato, but ive been running a mostly macro tank. I use carbon very conservatively once in a while when a habitat which risks poisoning the water died, or when the water is yellowing.

I can't find the chemical dry analysis Cheato, that would give a better idea of what nutrient they need. There are actually products formulated for Cheato, you can check out the elements listed to get a better idea on what they need http://brightwellaquatics.com/products/chaeto-gro.php

How about your lighting and flow?

• SRC Member
29 minutes ago, CKS said:

I don't have cheato, but ive been running a mostly macro tank. I use carbon very conservatively once in a while when a habitat which risks poisoning the water died, or when the water is yellowing.

I can't find the chemical dry analysis Cheato, that would give a better idea of what nutrient they need. There are actually products formulated for Cheato, you can check out the elements listed to get a better idea on what they need http://brightwellaquatics.com/products/chaeto-gro.php

How about your lighting and flow?

Oh ok... then I guess should be due to the trace element... I'm using 24W PAR 38 red colour LED, flow is quite high... the grow rate is fine all along until today when I check...

Will go buy this product and try, thx for the info bro...

• SRC Member
5 hours ago, Indeco said:

Oh ok... then I guess should be due to the trace element... I'm using 24W PAR 38 red colour LED, flow is quite high... the grow rate is fine all along until today when I check...

Will go buy this product and try, thx for the info bro...

Likely is the lack of other macro & micro nutrient then. All the best with the growth

• SRC Member

Could be the leds. If u recently change to these leds a month ago then most likely need to acclimitise the cheato starting with 1 hr. Then up another hour every week till 10 hours.

• SRC Member
Could be the leds. If u recently change to these leds a month ago then most likely need to acclimitise the cheato starting with 1 hr. Then up another hour every week till 10 hours.
Really? This chaeto is taken from one of the bro here... so now I need to reduce the time? I on for 16 hrs a day now...

• SRC Member

Yeap. I did the same with my red light. After 1 month all the cheato slowly become smaller and smaller. With red par leds u have to slowly adjust. Happened to mine so i slowly did one hour start then every week up one hour to current 12 hours now.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...