Need help ID this

• SRC Member

May I know is this diatom, Dino or cyan?

This grow in my sump after my chaeto start dying off... I already siphon out already but will it grow again?

Any bro can advise?20180819_230324.jpg20180819_230244.jpg

• SRC Member

The stringy texture with air bubbles at the tips suggest dinos bro. Best to leave the affected area in darkness for a few days after siphoning out as much of it as possible imo.

Sent from Singapore Reef Club mobile app

• SRC Member
The stringy texture with air bubbles at the tips suggest dinos bro. Best to leave the affected area in darkness for a few days after siphoning out as much of it as possible imo.

Jia lat... this is at my sump, if off light my chaeto will die off liao... now already started to die off slowly...

Should I just throw the whole chaeto away(Is dying anyway) and after this dino resolve then start again?

• SRC Member
Jia lat... this is at my sump, if off light my chaeto will die off liao... now already started to die off slowly...

Should I just throw the whole chaeto away(Is dying anyway) and after this dino resolve then start again?

If the chaeto is dying off already, taking it out isn’t such a bad idea to prevent adding more nutrients to the water. Sounds like a good idea. Adding some flow to your sump might help in reducing the chances of dinos settling there in the future too

Hope this helps

• SRC Member

If the chaeto is dying off already, taking it out isn’t such a bad idea to prevent adding more nutrients to the water. Sounds like a good idea. Adding some flow to your sump might help in reducing the chances of dinos settling there in the future too

Hope this helps

Yap, planning to do it tonight. Hopefully can solve the issue.

Thx for the help bro.