Vectra L1 or Reef Octopus Varios 8

sandagen

Im considering my return pump for my new 5 ft tank. Im think of buying a DC pump and ive been considering between vectra of reef octopus. The vectra looks promising with all the features and works with the reeflink and battery backup. But ive been reading a lot of pump problems on the internet stating that it fails within 1 year. Any reefer can share their experoance on their vectra L1 or Varios 8?

Sent from Singapore Reef Club mobile app

• SRC Member

hi - i'm using varios 8 for about 2 months now (replaced my reef octopus water blaster)

so far so good, super silent and sometimes i forgot it was even running. i'm running it at max power. :rolleyes:

i have another eheim pump next to it which i used for my reactors. the eheim pump makes more noise than the varios. 

• SRC Supporter

I understand the Vectra L1 issue has been resolved. So no concerns about it anymore. 

Vectra pumps push a lot of flow.

Personally I'm using 2x Vectra M1 for my 5ft tank. Each running around 40% power. And also an S1 for the various reactors.

The feed mode feature is also very good to have to slow the pump down so that no food goes into the overflow during feeding times.

Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/mysliceofnature/

• SRC Supporter

The interesting factor is if you are running Vectra with reef link, the apps is able to notify you of any abnormal running condition of your pump ...pump jam ect...

Thanks for the recommendation. Cant seems to find review on the app and usability of the pump on the internet for this model. Im thinking of whether to get the varios pump so i can control it in the future when i get an apex controller

If thats the case, why not opt for the Apex Neptune COR20 pump which can run stand alone. And will be compatible to Neptune system for future use.
COR20 is SGD580
I was considering this also but i cant seem to find anywhere selling this in singapore. Also for the price, can get more powerful pumps.

• SRC Member
1 hour ago, sandagen said:

I was considering this also but i cant seem to find anywhere selling this in singapore. Also for the price, can get more powerful pumps.

I think Deaquatic sells that....Dr Evil is from Deaqautic if I’m not wrong lol