Apex pods?

blahblahuserna

I saw a new reef nutrition product called apex pods. Unlike tigger pods, these were being kept at room temperature and it seemed as if these were more meant for seeding the aquarium rather than as feeders. According to the label, the species of copepod contained is apocyclops panamensis. Is this product any good? and would you consider these pods to be relatively hardy in the aquarium environment?

Sent from Singapore Reef Club mobile app

well, I was anxious to try it so I bought a bottle of the stuff and added it in after the lights were out, as stated by the instructions. Two days later, I see no signs of pods dying. In fact, they seem to be doing fairly well.

Did you add it into your sump or display tank?

• SRC Member
14 hours ago, Magikarp said:

i bought my pods from pinnacles, those in the bag and a friend told me it was from a farm in lim chu kang. it is only $5 a pack and my tank can see full of pods everywhere.

Do you siphon the pods out before adding to the tank?  Or pour the whole bag content (ie. pods and water) into tank?

• SRC Supporter

I think that the Apex pods are a worthwhile purchase. Though $38 seems quite steep, its actually very dense.. Possibly denser than 6-8 packs of the the $5 bags combined.

And Apex pods (Apocyclops panamensis) are known to be easy & multiply well in a reef tank.

Its perfectly alright to pour the contents into your tank directly. Do temperature & water acclimatize.

Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/mysliceofnature/

• 4 weeks later...