Kris

DIY Skimmer for Pico

Think should be workable if the flow rate suits the reactor media requirements. All the best. I see more satisfaction when 'Made by me/us' is working in our tank.

Definitely the efficiency is questionable... Same goes to branded.

Sent from my RNE-L22 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Hi Bro,

Yes, it can be used in QT where you want to control the heat added to the system and in situation where you depend on fan for cooling.

I will update the performance in my next post.

Yeah, before that was thinking of buying a nano Skimmer, now maybe I can build one myself.

Btw, where u brought ur air stone?

Yeah, before that was thinking of buying a nano Skimmer, now maybe I can build one myself.

Btw, where u brought ur air stone?
I got the air stone from Clement 328. I can it available most of the times I have been there

12 hours ago, Kris said:

Hose connected to waste output

hose.jpg

Well done, thanks for sharing.

I got the air stone from Clement 328. I can it available most of the times I have been there

Oh ok thx.

Nearing to 2 months. Thought of giving an update. I haven't changed the air stone or the air pump. So it is still waiting period to know when I need to change either.

As of the first few weeks, the skimmer is producing skimmate consistently. The skimmer body as well as the bottle gets good skimmate on weekly basis.

Skimmer body:

Skimmer.jpg

Since I have removed the skimmer from the sump, I decided to scrap off the surface of the air-stone with a pen knife. Need to be carefull with the knife when scrapping the surface. After scrapping, the air-stone looks like new to my eyes. Need to wait again to see how far it goes.

air stone.jpg

Thanks for reading. As of now, it is not yet conclusive of how long the air pump or the air stone will last. Will update later.

Happy reefing.