Water fluctuations in sump tank

NeoReef

• SRC Member

Hey guys , im using a herbie overflow system coupled with a filter sock to remove large detrititus before it enters the sump . However , as detritius slowly build up on the filter sock , the flow of water into the sump is somewhat reduced , causing the wayer level in the sump to fluctuate and my ATO to not function properly. Does anyone of you know how to resolve this issue ? 

• SRC Member
Hey guys , im using a herbie overflow system coupled with a filter sock to remove large detrititus before it enters the sump . However , as detritius slowly build up on the filter sock , the flow of water into the sump is somewhat reduced , causing the wayer level in the sump to fluctuate and my ATO to not function properly. Does anyone of you know how to resolve this issue ? 

Try placing your ATO in your return chamber section away from where the sock is(assuming your drain line is into the sock in its own chamber)

Sent from Singapore Reef Club mobile app

• SRC Member
6 hours ago, soggycookies said:

Try placing your ATO in your return chamber section away from where the sock is(assuming your drain line is into the sock in its own chamber)

Sent from Singapore Reef Club mobile app

Well my ato is in my return chamber but it too tend go fluctuate , does this happen to you?