Blue Tang Has Internal Parasites

• SRC Member

Hey guys I recently got a Blue Tang and it's very active and swims well, and eats brine shrimp dipped in Garlic Guard. I noticed that it had weird worm like things popping out of his or her anus. What should I do to treat it? Thank you.

Also, how do I get it to eat seaweed? None of my fish go near the seaweed on the clip.

Couldn't get a very clear picture as he or she is pretty active. Screenshot_20181003-134435.pngScreenshot_20181003-134420.png

Sent from Singapore Reef Club mobile app

• SRC Member

Hey guys I recently got a Blue Tang and it's very active and swims well, and eats brine shrimp dipped in Garlic Guard. I noticed that it had weird worm like things popping out of his or her anus. What should I do to treat it? Thank you.
Also, how do I get it to eat seaweed? None of my fish go near the seaweed on the clip.
Couldn't get a very clear picture as he or she is pretty active. Screenshot_20181003-134435.thumb.png.8f66cd1476d01f796ae027bb0bd7fe55.pngScreenshot_20181003-134420.thumb.png.24735e2290b6f230d111b1f6758d8ece.png

How long already? If just 2 to 3 days after u brought it back should be fine, can wait and see again seem he is eating healthy.

If you really scare you can put in QT and dose EIHO Prazi Gold for 1 week treatment.

For seaweed, I mix a bit together with pallet or frozen food and try to train them to know this is a food.
  • Like 1

• SRC Member
How long already? If just 2 to 3 days after u brought it back should be fine, can wait and see again seem he is eating healthy.

If you really scare you can put in QT and dose EIHO Prazi Gold for 1 week treatment.

For seaweed, I mix a bit together with pallet or frozen food and try to train them to know this is a food.
Thank you, just bought it Monday. I think I'll put it in QT then. Thanks for the advice on the seaweed also, will try tonight.