Clownfish Hosting Gonio

PaulPaul01

• SRC Member

Hey guys, I have an Ocellaris that keeps hanging out in my Gonio, it's funny but it causes my Gonio to retract back into its body. Would this be a problem long term? And will it be fine? Or is there no problem? Do I have to get an RBTA for it to stop? Thanks:)

Sent from Singapore Reef Club mobile app

• SRC Member

hi - clownfish will host anything that they like to host. even if you get a rbta it does not guarantee that they will host it. 

i have seen clownfish hosting giant clam.

as for the gonio, if the gonio is healthy it will learn to adapt to the clownfish. 

if the gonio is unhealthy or weak then the clownfish will irritate it and it will lose heads slowly. 

my clownfishes are hosting hammer coral eventhough i have rbta just next to the hammer coral.

• Like 1

• SRC Member

Hey guys, I have an Ocellaris that keeps hanging out in my Gonio, it's funny but it causes my Gonio to retract back into its body. Would this be a problem long term? And will it be fine? Or is there no problem? Do I have to get an RBTA for it to stop? Thanks:)

Should not be a problem bro. Once they use to it both of them should be happy. Attached photo of my clown hosting my gonio and homer side by sideIMG_0877.JPG

• SRC Member

Should not be a problem bro. Once they use to it both of them should be happy. Attached photo of my clown hosting my gonio and homer side by sideIMG_0877.thumb.JPG.7887710bec3867a6c81c036b36f95669.JPG

I see, that's great man, thanks a lot:) Nice corals and clownfish btw.