Help! PM me on aiptasia outbreak

Does anyone have any spare Berghia nudibranchs or eggs to sell?Need them to handle aiptasia outbreak in my tank.Copperband,butterflyfish & aiptasia eating filefish not reef safe.Tried peppermint shrimp shown in pic and works but quickly eaten by wrasse.PM me if u can help me or u have any other advice of natural predator other than using chemicals like Red Sea Aiptasia X/lemon juice/etc or removing the live rocks out for deconamination,thanks a lot fellow reefers20181104_142119.thumb.jpg.5967a9e5f73af12f8d8e09acd3974812.jpg

Screenshot_20181104-201702_Samsung Notes.jpg

Edited by Alexy7
Add in photos of aiptasia

Does anyone have any spare Berghia nudibranchs or eggs to sell?Need them to handle aiptasia outbreak in my tank.Copperband,butterflyfish & aiptasia eating filefish not reef safe.Tried peppermint shrimp shown in pic and works but quickly eaten by wrasse.PM me if u can help me or u have any other advice of natural predator other than using chemicals like Red Sea Aiptasia X/lemon juice/etc or removing the live rocks out for deconamination,thanks a lot fellow reefers20181104_142119.thumb.jpg.5967a9e5f73af12f8d8e09acd3974812.jpg

5bdee37d265be_Screenshot_20181104-201702_SamsungNotes.thumb.jpg.6c8703cdeee644267393e171922e1116.jpg
Hi Bro,

The second picture looks like a serious infestation.

If the infested rocks have no corals on it, I would suggest to remove and dry the rocks in hot sun to kill those buggers.

Sent from my RNE-L22 using Tapatalk

• SRC Member

Your infestation looks really bad.  If pieces of the LR are removable and not having any corals, maybe take it out and kill it.  Then let the peppermint shrimps take care of the balance.  Alternatively, remove the LR with corals, isolate them in your sump/refugium/separate tank together with the peppermints and let them slowly eat it up.

• SRC Member

Yea agree with the bros who have commented above; the sheer volume of Aiptasia would make natural predation or manual intervention an uphill battle. It’s a numbers game, & plus a whole new anemone can regrow from a new fragment. 

My approach would be to remove the rock, soak in vinegar, then bleach. This guarantees 100% removal of the aiptasia on this rock. Just note that the bleach & vinegar must be done separately, not together as together they generate gases that are dangerous for our respiratory system!! 

I went through this before. Some Copperband will  feast  upon the aiptasia  immediately. Some only after a week or two. There are those that do not. Peppermint shrimp will also do the work.  

Place LR without corals  in a tub with salt water and away from light. Without light, the aiptasia will die out along with some organisms on the rocks. You have to keep changing water because it will smell bad.  Then  cycle the rocks with new salt water for weeks or better months. 

As for the rest in your tank, let the copperband and peppermint shrimps do the job. You have to be patience. 

• SRC Member
6 minutes ago, JMW said:

Yea agree with the bros who have commented above; the sheer volume of Aiptasia would make natural predation or manual intervention an uphill battle. It’s a numbers game, & plus a whole new anemone can regrow from a new fragment. 

My approach would be to remove the rock, soak in vinegar, then bleach. This guarantees 100% removal of the aiptasia on this rock. Just note that the bleach & vinegar must be done separately, not together as together they generate gases that are dangerous for our respiratory system!! 

Yes, if you use this method, please make sure all Vinegar are washed away before introducing Bleach.  These 2 liquids mix to produce Chlorine, which is toxic/poisonous at high levels.