A Euphyllia Dom Tank!

junhui.low

• SRC Member

Anyone a fan of the Euphyllia family? I always find them gorgeous and love how they dance with the waves.

I decided to restart and rescape my tank.

Old Tank

IMG_2730.JPG

Tore down and sold most of everything, ordered a new full crystal tank to rescape.

Direction of the new scape will be like a floating island style, so got my inspiration from Pinterest.

Inspiration

IMG_3933.JPG

Preparations

New Scape

1AF5BBA7-DD51-4C3B-84BB-230584DCA12F.jpg

4 Bags of Clarisea Sands

1E11898A-37B9-4D56-89A8-0ABF7592DC9C.jpg

Jay

Regards

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

Happy to share, so basically design the “floating” reef so that I can control the flow in different area. I’m using 2x Maxspect Gyre and 1x Jebao wm

IMG_4305.JPG

Both Gyre are placed at the top right side of the tank, facing upwards to prevent direct flow onto the corals.
A Jebao Wm is placed under the rock works providing strong flow to prevent detritus from accumulating on the sand bed
IMG_4284.JPG

Jay
Regards

• SRC Member
Happy to share, so basically design the “floating” reef so that I can control the flow in different area. I’m using 2x Maxspect Gyre and 1x Jebao wm

IMG_4305.thumb.JPG.5647c160c7df1b1fcbb221724a889eed.JPG

Both Gyre are placed at the top right side of the tank, facing upwards to prevent direct flow onto the corals.
A Jebao Wm is placed under the rock works providing strong flow to prevent detritus from accumulating on the sand bed
IMG_4284.thumb.JPG.871b39edf48737ebbd421f4f47d51836.JPG

Jay
Regards
So as long as the flow is not directed to the coral will be fine? I was told by the LFS the best is the coral will not move.

Now I'm doing the placing of my wave marker. A bit headache. Haha.

Thanks for the sharing, will try to simulate ur flow pattern.