Can't see 'most recent forum content'

lee

• SRC Member

Since yesterday, I don't find the 'most recent forum content' on the page. (normally below 'SRC Reef ID Quiz' section.

Is that due to my page setup problem or it is already been remove ?

• SRC Member

hi....same same for me....I thought I accidentally de-select something :lol: I even posted this problem in the Kopi Tiam! <_<

Looks like I am not the only one! :(

Those features have been removed as it is contributing to the server load.

The forum is growing so fast with so much data that the two queries are causing the database server to slow down as every time a page is reloaded, a query is sent to search the entire database to search for the most recent threads and the most popular threads.

That is the recommended action to take after some investigation was done.

Hopefully, it won't inconvenience you guys too much but I am sure you have noticed the site is much much faster now? :)

AT

• SRC Member

But its really one of the best feature. Easy to check if someone has replied to ur thread or any serious debate/discussion going on.

I really didnt notice any difference in the response time. May be we can remove who is online section. If anyone want to check who is online, they can always visit the main page.

:rolleyes:

• SRC Member

i agree with vinoth maybe can remove the quiz also and place it else where like in the forum under quiz just my 2cents

Selling big game fishing equipment. Stella 20k / 17k .. made in Japan jigging blue rose / kabuzu popping rod... pm for prices

The quiz box doesn't cause a server load because it doesn't 'call' the database.

You can click the view new post to view... as it will be just you that 'asks' for the search function... rather than everyone who will automatically 'ask' for the search EVERYTIME they reload a page.

But its really one of the best feature. Easy to check if someone has replied to ur thread or any serious debate/discussion going on.

I really didnt notice any difference in the response time. May be we can remove who is online section. If anyone want to check who is online, they can always visit the main page.

:rolleyes:

i second with bro Vinoth...... ;)

Austin the Westie: "I may be your best friend, but you are my everything".

Lightning Strike's Back!!!

Reefkeeping Is Not My Hobby, It's My Obsession.

Austin's Birthday

.png

If you guys want convenience and speed... you can't have the whole cake and eat it too... (although that seems to be the expectations of some people here in SRC and its not about this issue). <_<

You guys should call a vote and decide what should be sacrificed... coz I think a slowdown in the forum would be a bigger inconvenience to the general good than the individual just having to click on a link or two to see some updates on thread changes.

• SRC Member

An easy 1-step direct access I found is to :-

1. Go to My Controls & click 'View New Posts'

2. Then in 'IE' go to File, Send, Shortcut to Desktop

Next time for every access to SRC just click this shortcut and it will bring you to all the recent new posts. You don't even have to log in.