Trace elements guide?

NeoReef

• SRC Member

Hello fellow reefers , 

My tank utilizes dried corals in a calcium reactor to keep up with calcium , alk and magnesium levels. There are numerous articles online which suggests that majority of trace elements are found in the living tissue of corals , thus one cannot solely rely on the use of a dried coeals in carxs to replenish trace elements in their tanks. Hence i was looking into AF coloration programme which is similar to the balling method , however it is designed to be used in two part solutions , therefore this leads to my question , how does one utilize such products in conjunction with a CArx?

• Like 1

• SRC Member

https://aquaforest.eu/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/AF_Products-Guide_EN_WEB_02.01.19.pdf?fbclid=IwAR1wYBFiCjG49owGZnmea5EAz7mAYo_qab_EKAquoZXY7K5eQCw-q-gUfmE

Hi, you can refer to the latest Aquaforest product guide for more details. To my knowledge, AF has trace and micro element products can be dosed individually with a CR.

Sent from Singapore Reef Club mobile app

• SRC Member
7 hours ago, Reefer_peter said:

https://aquaforest.eu/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/AF_Products-Guide_EN_WEB_02.01.19.pdf?fbclid=IwAR1wYBFiCjG49owGZnmea5EAz7mAYo_qab_EKAquoZXY7K5eQCw-q-gUfmE

Hi, you can refer to the latest Aquaforest product guide for more details. To my knowledge, AF has trace and micro element products can be dosed individually with a CR.

hmms but how does one control the levels accurately? It seems that over dosage of certain elements can be toxic and is quite possible

• SRC Member

Seasoned reefers just dose trace elements by observing the colours of their sps and dose accordingly. For me, I dose AF component 1+2+3+ which balances the trace elements and Ca KH Mg. If you dose trace and minor elements individually can go for lower dosage. And perhaps run a ICP test every 5-6months.