Is my tank ready?

Hi dexter! Are there any livestocks in the tank? You should place in just one (maybe one fish)and let the bacteria cycle kickstart. Only then it will give you a gauge on your tank’s bacteria load.

Sent from Singapore Reef Club mobile app
Currently only have live rock and live sand in the tank. Fish haven't gotten any yet as of now. But will do so when I set up my chiller first before I add any livestock into the tank as currently the temp run at 32C.

• SRC Member
Has been cycling my 36L tank for a week so by looking at the picture attached is my tank consider cycled? If not is there any other ways to put more test on the water perimeter?
20190321_095728.thumb.jpg.a4091d85ad55133aec3d70085ad24c84.jpg
No NO3 mean not yet fully cycled. Is best to wait 1 to 2 weeks more. Cause smaller tank parameter spike is faster.

Hi Dexter, mind sharing how did you kick start the cycling process? Are you dosing any bacteria?
Hi beachman, I bought seawater directly from LFS and added microBacter7 on the first day to cycle. On the 3rd day, I added the (reef sculpture) for balancing calcium and alkalinity both part A and B solution. And that's about it for the cycling of the tank.

• SRC Member

Add a dead shrimp or live fish and monitor ur parameters for couple of weeks .

I’d say reef tank is ready when you see coralline alge growing .. unless it’s fish only tank

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’d say reef tank is ready when you see coralline alge growing .. unless it’s fish only tank

Can I ask is this little hair on top of the live rock consider algae? I'm quite curious what it is. 20190319_233526.jpeg

Can I ask is this little hair on top of the live rock consider algae? I'm quite curious what it is. 20190319_233526.jpeg

Can I ask is this little hair on top of the live rock consider algae? I'm quite curious to find out what it is.20190319_233526.jpeg