FOC Mangrove Shoots

• SRC Member
Can someone give the exact location in Pasir Ris beach to find these pods? Thanks

Sent from Singapore Reef Club mobile app

Just take a walk on one of our beaches during high tide bro. Not that hard to find.

• Like 1

• SRC Member

1.There is a whole mangrove at pasir Ris Park.. Sungei api api..

2. Changi creek.. Which is near to changi V... Got a small mangrove forest inland

3. On the new reclaim coastal road, I see mangroves planted on the shoreline... But this land is out of bounds to public

If u walk near those beaches at low tide... U will find mangrove pods

Seow leow... Gave away the secrets we can't be millionaires anymore..

Can someone give the exact location in Pasir Ris beach to find these pods? Thanks

• Like 1

• SRC Member
1.There is a whole mangrove at pasir Ris Park.. Sungei api api..

2. Changi creek.. Which is near to changi V... Got a small mangrove forest inland

3. On the new reclaim coastal road, I see mangroves planted on the shoreline... But this land is out of bounds to public

If u walk near those beaches at low tide... U will find mangrove pods

Seow leow... Gave away the secrets we can't be millionaires anymore..

Can’t even be called a secret lol go out enough and you’ll find literally every beach has seed pods

• SRC Member

Hahahah don’t sweat it bro.. there are plenty of people who don’t know you can get mangroves so easily here so it’s not surprising some who either don’t have the time or are just lazy would still buy them

• SRC Member

No problem. No sweat at all. All I can say in return, don’t be salty bros! Sorry not sorry. Fake kind samaritans. You guys feel unjust and that it’s a crime to do so to pick something up and sell them. When nobody wants to do it. I see that you have picked quite a handful? Since you guys are saints acting self righteous. Do something charitable and give some to those people who don’t have time or those who needs help to pick up some extra mangroves

• SRC Member
No problem. No sweat at all. All I can say in return, don’t be salty bros! Sorry not sorry. Fake kind samaritans. You guys feel unjust and that it’s a crime to do so to pick something up and sell them. When nobody wants to do it. I see that you have picked quite a handful? Since you guys are saints acting self righteous. Do something charitable and give some to those people who don’t have time or those who needs help to pick up some extra mangroves

If I see someone wanting to buy mangroves I’m not gonna miss the opportunity and sell it to them either hahaha. You’re right, too many are too lazy to do it or just don’t bother to research for themselves in this hobby.

Is still an effort and some might willing to pay. Like I said before, willing buyer and willing seller. 

How about those who buy corals with intent to frag and sell with profit? Isn't this the same logic behind?  Buy a rock of yumas for less than $30, frag out each yumas and sell at least $20 each. Or any red or green people eater zoa, buy a big piece and frag out to sell, etc. 

Was also amused to hear funny story like a kind seller sold an equipment at cheap price to a buyer. Buyer bought without testing. Few days later, buyer feedback to seller, said got problem with the equipment. Seller offered to collect and pay back, but buyer counter proposed to send for repair and want seller to top up if necessary. So if the seller sold the equipment for $10, he may end up paying $100 or more for the repair cost. 

Anyway, just reef on and enjoy the hobby. 

• Like 1

Tank : 4 X 2 X 2 with low iron front panel and external overflow

Skimmer : BK SM200 with waste collector

Return Pumps : Red Dragon 6m3 and Ehiem 1262

FR : 2 X Deltec 509 & powered by AB2000

Nitrate Filter : Deltec NF 509 and tee off from AB2000

Calcium R'tor : Deltec PF 501 with RM secondary chamber

Kalkwasser R'tor : Deltec KM500

Chiller : Pansonic 1 HP Compressor with 20m titanium Coil

Wave Makers : 4 X Tunze 6055 with 7096 & Vortec MP40w

Controller : GHL Profilux

Lighting : ATI Powermodule 10 or 8 tubes

Water Top-up : Water Top-Up tank powered by Tunze Osmolator

External Monitor : American Pinpoint pH and Temp. Monitor for main tank and GHL Profilux Controller to measure temp, pH, Redox

Ozonizer : Sander C50

UV : Corallife 6x

Algae Scrubbler

• SRC Member
Is still an effort and some might willing to pay. Like I said before, willing buyer and willing seller. 
How about those who buy corals with intent to frag and sell with profit? Isn't this the same logic behind?  Buy a rock of yumas for less than $30, frag out each yumas and sell at least $20 each. Or any red or green people eater zoa, buy a big piece and frag out to sell, etc. 
Was also amused to hear funny story like a kind seller sold an equipment at cheap price to a buyer. Buyer bought without testing. Few days later, buyer feedback to seller, said got problem with the equipment. Seller offered to collect and pay back, but buyer counter proposed to send for repair and want seller to top up if necessary. So if the seller sold the equipment for $10, he may end up paying $100 or more for the repair cost. 
Anyway, just reef on and enjoy the hobby. 

Agreed.. which explains why the range of prices for things in this hobby is all over the place. I remember buying a whole rock full of red people eater zoas at coral farm for $20 but seeing some people sell them at the same price for a frag of 3 polyps.. so you’re absolutely right.

• SRC Member

Agreed.. which explains why the range of prices for things in this hobby is all over the place. I remember buying a whole rock full of red people eater zoas at coral farm for $20 but seeing some people sell them at the same price for a frag of 3 polyps.. so you’re absolutely right.

Yeah. But you don’t see threads asking people to go to the farm and buy and dissing the ones who sells them frags of Polyps at $20. Double standard much? Or am I unlucky to suffer the pms of a certain some one just cause he felt bitchy.