Clownfish with white stringy poop

Danieltwx

• SRC Member

Hi guys, just transferred my fishes to a new tank. However i noticed that my clownfish is having white stringy poop. Clownfish is eating well. Worry if it may be internal parasites. Will feeding pellets with garlic in it help as im feeding Ocean Nutrition Formula One Pellet (Blue container). Would appreciate any advise thank you! 20190615_134722.jpeg20190615_134721.jpeg

Sent from Singapore Reef Club mobile app

• SRC Member

In my experience,  feeding fresh seafood such as live Venus clams or mussels can provide good nutrition so that the immune system of the fish can combat it.  If not,  soak the pellets in hufa such as selcon will help quite a bit as well. 

From my experience and reading articles online,  garlic may or may not have much effect in dealing with parasites. 

• SRC Member
Okay! May i know what ways to treat? Is pellet with garlic sufficient?

Erm I don't think garlic help anything. I never use garlic cause I fear it will damage the fish liver in long run.

If u want to treat internal parasite you can use EIHO prazi or seachem metroplex. Take the fish out and treat in QT. Normally 5 to 7 days ok liao.

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

Hi bro, may i know if i can treat it in my display tank? As now i realise all my fishes pooping white worm, long and look like worm but not moving, i think high chance got parasite. Anyone experience this before? Would appreciate some advise thanks

Erm I don't think garlic help anything. I never use garlic cause I fear it will damage the fish liver in long run.

If u want to treat internal parasite you can use EIHO prazi or seachem metroplex. Take the fish out and treat in QT. Normally 5 to 7 days ok liao.

• SRC Member
Hi bro, may i know if i can treat it in my display tank? As now i realise all my fishes pooping white worm, long and look like worm but not moving, i think high chance got parasite. Anyone experience this before? Would appreciate some advise thanks

If u dose Prazi in ur DT, u will kill all the worms including feather dusters. This may cause ammonia spike. If not handle properly thing will not be gd.

Maybe u can try using seachem metroplex + focus. Mix with pellet then feed the fish. Then u run carbon to absorb any medicine that in the water. I use this method a few times, coral and invert all ok.

• SRC Member
Understand! Will it kill if inverts if using seachem metro & focus? Because for my tank im running fowlr now, currently no corals!

For my case no, my cleaner shrimp even eat the pellet. Haha.

Just remember to run carbon during the period when u treat them.

• SRC Member
Haha i see! U mean concurrently run carbon while treating? Btw, are u selling ur medicine?

Yap, so any medicine that leak out to the water will be absorb. By right focus will bind the medicine to food but just to be safe than sorry.

Haha nope, need to stand one.

U can go buy from any LFS, most of them will sell. Is always gd to have some medicines on hand.

On 6/29/2019 at 9:15 PM, Indeco said:

Clear picture will be gd

Thanks for the reply bro. I’ve bought the Seachem ParaGuard & uses the 1 hr dips method as stated in their instructions. The white spots are gone & the clownfish is feeding & swimming well.

• SRC Member

Just bought, seachem metroplex! Realised that it is less than half a tube, shop owner told me it is normal. As for focus it is a full tube! Just to check with u how much do i add to fish food? Do i add according to the recommended steps or just 1 scoop if im just soaking the pellets and food with the medicine

If u dose Prazi in ur DT, u will kill all the worms including feather dusters. This may cause ammonia spike. If not handle properly thing will not be gd.

Maybe u can try using seachem metroplex + focus. Mix with pellet then feed the fish. Then u run carbon to absorb any medicine that in the water. I use this method a few times, coral and invert all ok.

• SRC Member
Just bought, seachem metroplex! Realised that it is less than half a tube, shop owner told me it is normal. As for focus it is a full tube! Just to check with u how much do i add to fish food? Do i add according to the recommended steps or just 1 scoop if im just soaking the pellets and food with the medicine

Yap, metronidazole is quite expensive medication. We human use that to treat like bacteria infection.

Yap ration is 1:1 for medicine. Pellet quantity I use 1 teaspoon. If pellet cannot finish u can keep for tomorrow in the fridge but make sure u air tight the pellet to prevent containmination.

You can add tank water or vitamins to dissolve the medicine before adding the pellet. Let the pellet fully absorb the medicine before u feed.

Feed 1 time per day can liao.

Feed slow, you fish may not eat the pellet as the taste not nice.

• SRC Member

Thanks for the detailed reply! Just used 1 spoon metroplex with focus and mix with a few drops of tank water, wait for 10mins and fed the fishes! Fishes enjoying the medicine Hope it cures the parasite, or would have to get prazi to try! Fingers crossed

• SRC Member
Thanks for the detailed reply! Just used 1 spoon metroplex with focus and mix with a few drops of tank water, wait for 10mins and fed the fishes! Fishes enjoying the medicine Hope it cures the parasite, or would have to get prazi to try! Fingers crossed

Haha, just sharing what I know.

Should be gd enough to cure liao, do check out seachem kanaplex also very useful. Can be use with focus also.

If you got wrasse, keep a look out. They sensitive to medicine.

Hope your fishes recover soon.