• SRC Member

Hi Guys,

I currently, have an IM Nuvo 25G Lagoon tank which has been with me for more than 2 years and it is a fish only tank.

However, in a couple of weeks time I am shifting house which is 30 minutes away from my current house.

Therefore, I need as many of your expert advise and tips about shifting tank since this is my first time but this time round, at the new house I would do a bare bottom tank set up.

At the moment, I have 1 butterfly fish, 2 dory, 1 foxface fish.

Thanks you in advance!

If its a fish only tank, not much issue. 

Siphon out the water in a container, take out all the bacteria housing/ media and filter wool. Place it in the bucket of siphoned water.  Remove the fishes. Drain the tank, throw the sand, clean up the tank. 

At your new place, just reverse the process. Add the old salt water, and top up the rest if required with new salt water. 

For your fish load, and 2 year old tank, I doubt you will get any mini cycle happening even without the sand. Just keep the bacteria media soaked in water. 

• Like 1

I Love Stagsss

• SRC Member

I had a similar moving out sometime back to my 3 footer, slightly higher bioload than yours and some corals. Did similar to what tofu described except, I air bubbles (portable) the media during transportation. Kept fishes and corals in separate styrofoam boxes for 1 week with media. Peform partial WC alternate days. Fill tank with 80% new SW, dump in 1/3 bottle of stability each day for 3 consecutive days. Water test if it's safe.

Sent from Singapore Reef Club mobile app

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...