My Hong Kong Trips

clowntrigger

• SRC Member

Hi Guys

Here a some pictures that I took during my HK trip over the weekend at the fish street. Here are also some of the prices that I have take note when I was there

Iwaki Pump

---------------

70RX - HK$2260

40RX - HK$1180

Halidea/Aqua Medic Chiller

----------------------------------

1HP - HK$4100

Aqua Medic

--------------

Denitrator 1000 series - HK$1600

Denitrator 400 series - HK$750

Calcium reactor 400 Series - HK$750

Calcium reactor 1000 series - HK$1600

H&S Skimmer

-----------------

110-F2000 - HK$2180

PinPoint PH tester

-----------------------

HK$800

Saga Equipment

---------------------

PH tester - HK$650

PH Tester and Controller - HK$950

OZone Tester and Controller - HK1000

Marine Delux food

-----------------------

The big bottle one found at Sealife - HK$110

A bigger bottle than the one above - HK$180 (Twice the size, I think)

Tropic Marine Salt

-----------------------

For 50 Gallons - HK$95

Corallife Salt

----------------

The one with a bucket with a free T-shirt - HK$200

Kent Marine

---------------

Bio Sediments - 6Lbs (Round bottle) - HK$120

Nitrate Sponge - 1 Gal - HK$65

Kent Marine Nautilus Turbo Eductor Skimmer - HK$2100

All other Kent Marine stuff are pretty much cheaper there, I would say 30-50% depending on products types.

well enjoy the pictures.... :rolleyes:

post-11-1045547548.jpg

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

Recently was able to get a friend who was coming over from HK to hand carry Aqualine 150W bulbs and AquaMedic Deniballs.

Definately save alot of cash and better lead time than waiting for AquaMart to bring them in.

Will be Beijing next week and hopefully can make a detour over the weekend to HK and do a field report.

• 9 months later...
  • SRC Member

Interestingly, there's no mention of the area or street where these shops are.

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Warning: Heavy handed moderator in operation. Threads and post are liable to be deleted or moved without prior notification.

Moderator's prerogative will be enforced.

Any grievances or complains should be addressed to The Administrator.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/post-36-1073276974.gif post-36-1073276974.gif

• SRC Member

OK, ladies street is on Tung Choi street. The rows of aquarium is at the other end of ladies street. Which means to say, if you walk on ladies street, once you reach the end, you will come to a cross junction. Cross over the road to the other side and conitnue walking in the same street. You will then see the aquarium street. Becareful that you do not walk on the opposite side of ladies street, else you will need to u-turn again.

When you reach HK airport, get the tourist map and it wil show you on the map, goldfish market. If you are going by MTR, alight at Mong Kok Mtr and then ask control station for direction. There is a exit number, once you exit, you go up a overhead bridge, corss over to the other side and you will reach the aquarium street.

These are the 4 Illegal immigrant that I have bought back, Hand Carry...... At custom, no question ask...... You get what I mean......

The following fish is bought at HK$30 for 2 of them

Even SG custom??? if so i would ask my uncle to bring a few fishes back... hehe...

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

• SRC Member

I just got back from HK. Yes, it is on Tung Choi Street. MTR station is Mong Kok. Fish there are not very cheap so save the trouble of carrying back. I would only recommend Kent products as they are 30-40% cheaper. (only if you use them). Schuren skimmers are pretty cheap as I bought a jetskim 120 for less than S$500. It's quite big but can check in at the airport.

They do not carry any AquaC products.

I recommend Roar or King's aquarium if you are looking for hardware. But remember, HK people are not know for good service.

I think (marine) therefore I am

• SRC Member

Even SG custom??? if so i would ask my uncle to bring a few fishes back... hehe...

Since when SG custom bother to check your luggage? The more important is to get it out of HK, if custom at HK don't stop you, you are pretty safe with it. Anyway it is just fishes not not those illegal stuff..

I think some of the fishes are cheap, I heard a queen angel only cost S$80.. Some of them maybe cheap, while some are not, you will need to hunt around and see..